Thread: C200 cruise control dont work.

C200 cruise control dont work.

Hello,I am new to the forum,so not posted pics of my car yet,but found very much interesting information here already.
    So,my car is a 1997. S202 with m111 2,0 litre automatic,my problem is,that my cruise control does not work,I have checked the error memory and once I had an error for cruise stalk and I erased it,after a while I checked again and it was not there anymore,but I got error for one of abs sensors,so my questions here is:
    1.How do you use cruise control on 202 cars,maybe I just dont know how to turn it on
    2.Do mercedes cars need working ABS sensor,to let the cruise control work,because I know that bmw e36 cruise control doesnt require abs sensors at all,it just takes the speed sensor input from differential.
    3.If there's problem in stalk,are there any common issues to look for,or just need to get another from junkyard,do they have differenced betweeen years,gearboxes and engines?
    I really appreciate any input on this.I am a mechanic and got experience in BMW's but I am riding a Mercedes fo my self,because its way better,but as it almost never brokes down I don't actually know how things work on it ,and there are not very much information about those old benzes anyway.

1. Accelerate to speed you want to cruise at, then push stalk in the "set" direction, push stalk up or down to accelerate or decelerate. I do not remember the number but I believe there is a minimum speed for cruise control.
    2. My cruise control has not worked for years, but it never worked with the ABS light on (1996 C280).
    3. This thread from another website might be worth reading: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w202...t-working.html

Others have mentioned that vacuum line could be leaking. Good luck fixing your cruise control.

Check your fuse box

On my old c230, I had same issue, I think I replaced a break pedal switch
    Google "cruise control brake pedal switch w202"
    Vehicle:
    1999 C43 AMG @136K
    1997 C230 sold @ 243K
    Useful W202 videos : http://www.youtube.com/user/lucabertone80/videos