Thread: Dirty tank or bad fuel pump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bad CPS only occurs when engine is hot, so the next time you started your car, car didn't start until engine cooled down.
    this is a sneaky problem with bad CPS sensor.
    you could have been left stranded on deserted road in no man's land if CPS had broken down, then you had to call a tow truck?
    lucky for you problem showed up at the shop.

did you go to a shop who uses proper MB code reader?
    if you go to a shop using clones maybe error codes are not shown or accurate read on computer?
    your car does it have the OBDII, came on MY2000 or the old style 38 round pin connector which 1998-1999 cars have?

Quote Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
    did you go to a shop who uses proper MB code reader?
    if you go to a shop using clones maybe error codes are not shown or accurate read on computer?
    your car does it have the OBDII, came on MY2000 or the old style 38 round pin connector which 1998-1999 cars have?
    It was an independent shop and I don't think they have a reader that is specific to MB, so yes, what you said about inaccurate reading might be the case. the car doesn't have OBD2 port, only 38 pin old port. It was made for European market, so I think unlike the ones made for US market, there was no obligation to supply cars with OBD2 ports at that time.