Thread: Selling a Salvaged Title (not a classified)

Selling a Salvaged Title (not a classified)

Hi Club,

I am looking for some advice, so this is not a classified ad, yet (need more posts anyway). I own a 95 C280, with 98k miles. Second owner, bought it from a little old lady with 35k miles. Have all service records, etc. It was recently hit from behind on the freeway, and sustained body damage only (see pic). The insurance company has declared it a total loss, and so I will need to salvage the title.

I am wondering how any other experiences have been trying to sell a salvaged title. I am in need of a truck, and can't keep the car, but am on the fence on whether to try and fix the damage and sell, or sell as is, and if there would even be interest in this type of vehicle with the title defect.

Just interested to here your thoughts, especially if you have had to do something similar.

Thanks for your time,
    ShawnClick image for larger version. 

Name:	C280.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	3223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damage.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	3224

i got hit parked outside my house... other party insurance paid decent money on it and was only charging a couple hundred dollars if i kept it.. So i kept it, went thru the expense of making the salvage title, put everything close to stock as possible and sold it as is...

I would see how much the insurance company Charges you to retain the car. I kept my car that was deemed a total as the insurance company only wanted $250 for it. Fixed it for $1K and drove it another 50k miles before giving it to a buddy of mine. Keep in mind a 95 C280 isn't worth crazy money even with a clean title so make sure you keep in mind the cars value in your decision. From the photo the bumper would clean up, a new taillight and you have a good runner.
    1994 C280
    1996 C36
    2005 C55
    2013 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    1999 Porsche 911
    ......dang now I know where all my money went.