Thread: Side marker on a wheel arch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Side marker on a wheel arch

Hi everyone,
    Here is an upgrade I am thinking of and I was wondering, whether anyone has done that before?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mymers.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	3225
    Below is a pic of my Mercedes and a newer C-class (picture of the new Mercedes was taken from this site - https://www.carid.com/gallery/mercedes/c-class/) . I wanted to also add a side marker onto my wheel arch. And I was wondering, what kind of light will fit there the right way? I understand that the mod I am thinking of will require cutting of the body, which okay, buit I do not want it to be flat, you know. It should be at least a little curvy to somehow take after the wheel arch shape. Also, is it okay if I do an LED bulb? Because if somehow I wire it the wrong way, I do not want to end up with dead battery one day, and LEDs do not conusme a lot of power, so that is the reason. And I was wondering, will I have to deal with extra relays or load resistors or something?
    Any help and ideas are appreciated!!!

PS - I dunno why the image is that small, I tried making it bigger but did not figure out how. If that's a bad pic posting, just let me know what is teh right way to to insert a pic that I made on my tablet into the post. Thanks