Thread: cheap w202 diagnostic scan tool?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

cheap w202 diagnostic scan tool?

Hello all, I'm looking for a w202 scan tool to read/clear diagnostic codes. I already have the iCarsoft i980, it works on my w203 but not a w202. Any scan tools that are on the cheap that do both w202 and w203?

Anyone?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by W/202 View Post
    Anyone?
    carsoft 7.4 Chinese clone works well with the 38 pin

Quote Originally Posted by Abbaso View Post
    carsoft 7.4 Chinese clone works well with the 38 pin
    Thanks. I saw that one too. Just order Autel md802 elite and a 38pin adapter. Should be able to do both w202 and w203 models now

Sorry to revive an old thread but may I ask how your Autel md802 elite is doing with your w202? I was told that iCarsoft MV V1.0 works for the W202. I wonder if anyone here has any review on this tool with the w202, as I am also in the market for a diagnostic tool
    Last edited by jakewise; 08-01-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread but may I ask how your Autel md802 elite is doing with your w202? I was told that iCarsoft MV V1.0 works for the W202. I wonder if anyone here has any review on this tool with the w202, as I am also in the market for a diagnostic tool
    It scans all systems, and can read live data. I did not use the live data yet, bit this tool basically does everything but rewrite to the ecu. Any specifics you would like to know?

I searched "autel md802 elite all systems mercedes w202" and a few reviews popped up. Check them out!

In Charge
    I have an old school Actron. Works ok I guess.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I have an Autel Maxiscan MS300 that works just fine to clear DTC codes but I need to clear transmissions codes on my 98 C280 and it is not capable of that so I bought a Autel MD 802. The MD 802 has the capability to clear the code but you can not use just any cheapo ODBII to 38 pin adapter, which I have found out by researching different forums. It needs a specific Autel adapter. From what I have read it needs the Benz-38/DB15 Femaled for Autel DS708 that cable on amazon is $112.99. I haven't purchased that cable yet but I have different cable on order right now, the BENZ-38 Adapter for Autel MaxiSys MS905 MS908 MS906 $ 29.99 on amazon, to see if it will work and if so I will post it here for you. I had tried one of the generic adapters and all that I got was a link error.

Here are a couple of links to some info that I found about a 38 pin adapter for the MD802:

https://pro.autel.com/autelsupport/M...typeName=MD802
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...d=OES8UFIXMO1F

@ezbrown I pretty much came up with the same info as you. I ordered this cable, hasn't arrived yet
    http://m.autelsale.com/wholesale/ben...5-femaled.html

I saw the BENZ-38 Adapter for Autel MaxiSys MS905 MS908 MS906 $ 29.99 on amazon too, but I passed on that figuring it wouldn't work. Hopefully it works, you will have saved yourself quite a few bucks

I got the cable today and was able to clear my transmission codes. I used this one , BENZ-38 Adapter for Autel MaxiSys MS905 MS908 MS906 SCANNER https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it worked just fine. Cost was $29.99

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autel.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	3226
    Last edited by ezbrown; 01-24-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Hi,, do you have the 38 pin connector like what I have? May I ask what you mean by live data? I need to know if this tool is enough to do all DIY works for our w202 and if it comes with a 38 pin connector already as I heard many people say that not all adaptors adapt to a diagnostic tool well, just to lessen possible cost instead of bringing it to the dealership. How much did you buy it then? I asked because it was suggested to buy the iCarsoft MB V1.0 which sells with a 38 pin connector for 169 pounds. I will also look into the thread you suggested, thanks
    Last edited by jakewise; 08-06-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    Hi,, do you have the 38 pin connector like what I have? May I ask what you mean by live data? I need to know if this tool is enough to do all DIY works for our w202 and if it comes with a 38 pin connector already as I heard many people say that not all adaptors adapt to a diagnostic tool well, just to lessen possible cost instead of bringing it to the dealership. How much did you buy it then? I asked because it was suggested to buy the iCarsoft MB V1.0 which sells with a 38 pin connector for 169 pounds. I will also look into the thread you suggested, thanks
    Sorry for the delayed response, have been away for a while.

I don't have or use the 38pin connector, I have a US model where everything is done through the ODBII port.

Quote Originally Posted by W/202 View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response, have been away for a while.

I don't have or use the 38pin connector, I have a US model where everything is done through the ODBII port.
    Thanks