Thread: Cruise Control retrofit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cruise Control retrofit

Hi guys, I have a '94 C220 classic A/T without cruise control.
    I've been steadily restoring the car (not myself - don't have mechanical knowledge, but through a very adept local mechanic).
    But the lack of cruise control really just leaves a sense of... "lacking" to the drive. I've wondered if this had been an optional extra, and whether I could have an oem control installed? If I was able to source it second hand, what parts would I need to be sure to get, apart from the stick of course.
    I've searched for ages online, but it doesn't seem anyone else needed / wanted to do this. Perhaps because there are affordable aftermarket products out there, but their placement seems to be ergonomically inefficient. Definitely not meant for a German drive. But...if push comes to shove, I'd be open to it.

Anyone have any knowledge of this?
    Thanks in advance

Sorry - just realised this is in the wrong section, but I can't seem to correct that. Should be in the Electronics Upgrades section

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazbekistan View Post
    Sorry - just realised this is in the wrong section, but I can't seem to correct that. Should be in the Electronics Upgrades section
    No. Fine here.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci