Thread: Ugh FML

Ugh FML

So i was having some issues with the five speed automatic transmission on my 99 c280, and recently replaced the TCM, the connector, and the electronic control plate and now my car is in ‘limp mode’
    Im so frustrated and have no idea what to do now

hi, why did you replaced the parts in the first place. Have you checked the faults if you have any?

i have a 2004 C230 kompressor with a 722.6 transmission that went into a limp mode. I ended up swapping the transmission and some other parts but my car is still in limp mode...
    1995 C280 charcoal metallic

Quote Originally Posted by andy_1100 View Post
    hi, why did you replaced the parts in the first place. Have you checked the faults if you have any?

i have a 2004 C230 kompressor with a 722.6 transmission that went into a limp mode. I ended up swapping the transmission and some other parts but my car is still in limp mode...
    So with the 99 c class, there's a common problem with the connector from the control plate, to the transmission control module. It tends to leak tranny fluid up the wiring harness up into the control module causing an array of problems. I replaced the TCM, the connector, as well as the control plate that sits on top of the valve body inside the transmission. It solved the limp mode, but there was a whole other array of problems I was having that I THOUGHT were because of the transmission.. Lack of power, not shifting properly, and the check engine light had started flashing.
    I ended up buying an OBT2 code reader, and it was misfiring from multiple cylinders. I figured out that the cool air intake I had put in was messing with my air/fuel ratio.. Causing it to misfire. So now, I have to throw it on a dyno tuner and figure out if I put a high flow injectors on it, if that will give it more power.