Thread: Having transmission work done and I have a few questions...

Having transmission work done and I have a few questions...

I'll know more when I get the paper work from the dealer. But the dealer is replacing the valve body and the transmission control unit (I'm happy I have the Starmark warranty !). My first question is, will this mean all the tranny fluid will be changed ?

Second question; I've read about the valve body problems, can I assume I'm getting a better(updated) part, or will it fail again in a few years ?

My C280 is a 1998 with about 69K on it.

Thanks guys,
    C280Sportster

Yes i am assuming you will get all new tranny fluid and i am not sure if they up dated the part or if you will just get the same one, sometimes stuff just breaks cuz its old
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by jnolte
    Yes i am assuming you will get all new tranny fluid and i am not sure if they up dated the part or if you will just get the same one, sometimes stuff just breaks cuz its old
    Well, from what I've gathered, it's a faulty part (the valve body) , some people have had theirs changed before it failed.

I'll pick up the car today (I hope) and I'll report what was done.
    C280Sportster

Yes they will change teh tranny oil for you. I had my tranny broke down on me a year ago at teh same time Nokia's tranny was down too...weird shiet heh ... anyways, turns out it was due to teh torque converter broke down, and tehn they did gave me the updated Tranny and teh Tranny ECU....$5000 at teh dealer ship..i cried and cried....