Thread: powder coating valve cover

powder coating valve cover

I need some suggestions from you guys. My 1995 C36 is in pretty good shape, except the valve cover gasket looks worn out. Due to heat and oil, the paint has sort of bubbled in a few locations. Do you guys know of any good shops in Southern Cal that do powder coating? If not, do you know of any MB tuners who sell aftermarket valve covers (Brabus, Renntech)? The OEM replacement is over $750 and there's no guarantee that it won't "bubble" again.
    Thanks.

OG Moderator
    That is crazy boi....$750 for a valve cover..man, I would suggest just getting it powder coated if ya dont mind having ur car out of service for a few days while its bein done. cant help ya out on where, but either get it powder coated or sand and paint it urself with some valve cover paint or high heat paint.
    I painted my valve cover red..took me 3 hours from start to finish including painting and reinstalling!!
    heres a pic...

u can also check out everything I've done to my car HERE
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--