Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestion: have a forum for discussing technical problems

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    I remember something along the line of the car is waiting until its at optimal running temps. It's just weird to feel it when you are still sleepy in the morning. Just doesnt feel right.
    i know what you mean. i use to short shift in the morning. never use to let it over 3k till the oil got up to temps. But being in an auto im left to it doing the shifting.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by JRE320
    Damn!!!! $1900 for labor alone...... How many days it took for Topline to finish your car? Did Zim give you a discount? Now I'm getting scared to bring my car to Topline.. :Paranoid:
    I'm not saying I don't agree with the labor rate. The car is fixed as far as i can tell and i'd rather put my money with someone who's more of a real person than a dealer. No doubt if I have other issues with my tranny I know Zim will help me.

As far as how it compares to the dealer, I don't know what their rates are. But the repair was a very long one, so that's why it cost so much.

In Charge
    Most "indy" shops have equal or lesser labor rates than most dealerships. You figure that they need to attract business from the dealer and this is one of the ways to do it. It also depends on the nature of the problem. Seems like Kam's problem was something not 100% certain and alot of work was put into it.

Either way, your car is fixed and now you have some technical advice for the rest of us. Are you going to be reimbursed, Kam?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Sorry for leaving this thread hanging. But since threepointsix on bnzsport is having similar issues, i remembered thsi therad and read the last replies.

DLS, it took about a month, but I finally got re-imbursed. My deductable was a paltry $100, so i was very pleased.

As of now, my car has been running very well, knock on wood, dear Lord please show me love and don't let anything else fail on my car because I have like 8k left on my extended warranty and if something goes bad on my car after the warranty i'll be in deep crap...whew...that's like my new rant when I talk about problems with my car.

I have to say that after the first two months of having my car back, the tranny seems to have lost the "snap" it had when I first received it back from the repair. Not sure if this is normal and to be expected, but it is noticeable. I'm not having any mis-shift problems as before, but I might want to have my mechanic check it out to make sure. He recommended a follow-up after 1k anyway, so i'll let you alll know when I get an update.