Thread: Any C36 boys with SS brake lines??

Any C36 boys with SS brake lines??

hey guys,

I'm curious if any of you C36 guys have upgrade brake pads and stainless steel lines. I hear Goodridge is very good (tirerack sells them) and I have seen them as cheap as $110 shipped for C36s (Tirerack currently has a special on C280 ones for $69, which is a steal). Just like to hear some feedback on SS lines for W202. thx

i had just put up a thread about this a couple of weeks ago, not sure if it will answer any of your questions.
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

stop tech are better imo, order from zeckhausen. he can probably beat that price as well.

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    stop tech are better imo, order from zeckhausen. he can probably beat that price as well.
    interesting, how much are they priced at? I did alot of research and it seems the quality of Goodridge (although probably better than Ebay's Suzuka brand) is not that good and some of the early lines failed and the middle fittings on the lines do not mate up properly so I would rather go with stoptech much more. Where is this zeckhausen site?

the stop tech are teflon coated stainless steel brake lines, and the lines themselves are braided. they're very VERY strong, and durable, and if i recall, carry a lifetime warranty.

i'll dig around, i even have pics of them when i was selling my set for my C230k with ate upgraded fluid. (for higher temp braking, trackable even)

edit: found them in my post in classifieds

wow, those look fantastic! much better than goodridge or the ebay design, definitely worth the extra safety & peace of mind. I will go with those. thx

i recommend the ATE brand typ200 fluid as well. the owner of zeckhausen also supplied me with that, and 2 quarts is more than enough (i bought two, cause i'm terrible at bleeding the lines, so just to have extra in case i had to do it a few times).

good luck, and glad i could help

does fluid REALLY make that big of a difference?