Thread: Powder coating my chrome trim LOOK

OG Moderator

Powder coating my chrome trim LOOK

I've finally gotten off my lazy ass to get to powder coating all my trim i had painted last year. It look me quite a while to remove everything single piece of trim especially the piece in the rear door that seperates the windows, you have to remove the door panel then remove the glass, whew alotta work!!!! During the process I only broke two clips, man am i happy.

here all the trim excepet for the back bumper pieces.

Got BRABUS?

wow.

Why didn't you just paint them?

I'm about to remove all those also. But for some I'm really scared to break something.

My main concerns are the ones around the side windows (seems then will bend when pullin them) and the roof rail which seems impossible to remove without breaking

I've ben wuoted 500$ CAD for a paint job if I remove myself all the parts.

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by MrSpace
    wow.

Why didn't you just paint them?

I'm about to remove all those also. But for some I'm really scared to break something.

My main concerns are the ones around the side windows (seems then will bend when pullin them) and the roof rail which seems impossible to remove without breaking

I've ben wuoted 500$ CAD for a paint job if I remove myself all the parts.

Etienne
    they are painted right now but they will chip since paint doesn't stick too well to chrome pieces. Dont be scared, the only clips that wil brake are the roof clips other wise the rest are pretty chill. the only thing i was afraid of was chipping the paint, most of the trim is stuck in there.

500 CAD seems alot for painting just the trim. I am having all this powder coated for about $100 US or 138 CAD give or take a few dollars
    Got BRABUS?