Thread: what oil for Diff????

OG Moderator

what oil for Diff????

Hey i want to change my differantial oil, and i was wondering what kinda oil I should use?? redline, factory etc . . .

thanks for you suggestions.

I have been using Redline Lt. Shock Proof gear oil and it is performing very well. It is a lighter viscosity than what MB calls for but then it's a very good oil.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

OG Moderator
    Where can i get that stuff at jeff online??

Anybody else on what they used for Differential oil??

Should i just go with the stock stuff, since MBis uses good quality fluids anyways.

thanks

Jason

I would guess the stock stuff is very good also.

I just try to lower the frictional losses of the drivetrain by using these High performance oils that are lighter in weight.

And I do think it makes a small difference.

Besides, when the rear diff blows it will give me the chance to put a 3.46:1 rear ring and pinon in.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff