Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerchip or Upsolute?

Powerchip or Upsolute?

Which one would you recommend for a 230 K?
    everything else on the car stock......exhaust coming soon but i don't think that would matter ...

im going teusday to get upsolute direct from factory in charlotte nc.i have a 99 c230k ill let you know

how much are they estimating you?

they told me $425.00 installed takes 1 hour.so its worth the 2 hour drive.i have done alot of reasearch on this chip seems to be the best for the buck.i am going to get pulleys to but maybe later.i am saving up to go to autofest 2 in july. driving across the country with the benz

yeah i got about the same estimate...but the guy is only 15 min away from me. Pulley kits are damn expensive , but i really want one. Which one were u thinking of getting?

Originally posted by to2image
    they told me $425.00 installed takes 1 hour.so its worth the 2 hour drive.i have done alot of reasearch on this chip seems to be the best for the buck.i am going to get pulleys to but maybe later.i am saving up to go to autofest 2 in july. driving across the country with the benz
    Be careful about pulleys, they can wreck havoc with an engine is they are not balanced correctly of too small, I know from personal experience, thank God I put one on a project car years ago, so when the engine tanked I wasn't too upset, but I wouldn't put a undersized pulley on a daily driver for sure.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

What if i plan to get a chip with no pulley kit? Am i also looking for trouble ? What other mods do you think i should get? 99 c230k
    I have all the physical mods done, now its time for performance...everything is stock...2 weeks chip will be installed...what should i get b4 then?

Originally posted by Kswiss
    What if i plan to get a chip with no pulley kit? Am i also looking for trouble ? What other mods do you think i should get? 99 c230k
    I have all the physical mods done, now its time for performance...everything is stock...2 weeks chip will be installed...what should i get b4 then?
    IMHO nothing, for the engine, until you see how the chip works out, as that will set the parameters for engine mods. Once you see what the chip does or doesn't do. One thing I learned from many decades of building engines, dragster, road racers, is you go one step at a time. Probably the next thing would be a free'r flowing exhaust. Then check that out with the chip and see were your at. Get my point?
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

Point made. I'm actually discussing with a fellow that has a brabus exhaust and talkin him into selling me it. What are my dangers for buying a used exhaust?

None as long as the exhaust is not

Point made. I'm actually discussing with a fellow that has a brabus exhaust and talkin him into selling me it. What are my dangers for buying a used exhaust?
    all rusted out both outside and inside and the correct one for your car. Brabus is an excellent product, shake the muffler and if it sounds like a tin can with balls inside then walkaway, other then that if the $$ is right buy it. Is is a cat back setup, those are the easiest to install, no cutting just bolt in.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

I won't be able to check out the exhaust till like June 7th or so. He said he was out of the country so just waiting for him to get back. Thanks for the info benzmeister....

Upsolute

I won't be able to check out the exhaust till like June 7th or so. He said he was out of the country so just waiting for him to get back. Thanks for the info benzmeister....
    I meant to tell you I got a quote on an upsolute upgrade a year or so ago, from a dealer about 100 miles east of here. He told me he would map my cars cpu and if he had the program he would download it, if not he would send my engine specs to Germany and they would map a new download and send to him and then I would have to return for the download to my car. I guess not all CPU are the same. Anyway at the time I was quoted $475.00, I contacted him again about 4 months ago and the priced dropped to $425.00, but the specs on the Upsolute website weren't that exciting and it was for Euro engines and not US spec engines. One thing he did say, my dealer or any Mercedes dealer would
    not detect the new upload and couldn't delete it and reset the cars computer back to factory spec, I had a hard time swallowing that statement.

(bad back day today)
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

The guy i spoke with gave me good specs. He said it would raise my hp by almost 40 hp....maybe because i have a kompressor and u dont? since you say you have 280....also theres a remote that you can use so you can either use the chip or bring it back to "stock" anytime you want. This should work so the dealer would never know that theres a chip....something like that lol...

Here is the addres for Upsolute website

The guy i spoke with gave me good specs. He said it would raise my hp by almost 40 hp....maybe because i have a kompressor and u dont? since you say you have 280....also theres a remote that you can use so you can either use the chip or bring it back to "stock" anytime you want. This should work so the dealer would never know that theres a chip....something like that lol...
    http://www.upsolute.com/eng/index.html, here is the upsolute website in Austria, you can click on the English version, then click on database and type in the model of your car i.e. C230. Your dealer is close shows 39 HP increase and 15HP for my car.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

I want to see before and after dynos.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    I want to see before and after dynos.
    Very good point. Dyno at the rear wheels tells the real story.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

After i get it ill tell you how it is.....i have a clk320..nothing much but big difference in power compared to my 230 k....if i can at least match that power...then ill be happy..but i dont expect much.....but i do expect 400 dollars worth!

Yes, for $400 I expect quite a lot

After i get it ill tell you how it is.....i have a clk320..nothing much but big difference in power compared to my 230 k....if i can at least match that power...then ill be happy..but i dont expect much.....but i do expect 400 dollars worth!
    That's a lot of money for a relatively simple job according to my son who is a software and web developer. If he had the the right connections he could download the settings from my car and with software you can buy reprogram it himself. Once he downloaded it he would make a folder and then reload back to the car so I could drive it until he is finished. Smart Kid I got.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! Two reason, NO body has proof hp gain on chip 5 or more hp. Second, if you car ever get software upload from the dealer, the new software wouldn't wipe out the old one. I can only speak for my 99' Slk 230 experience with Upsolute chip, they try 4 difference version but all of them make my car run slower.

OG Moderator
    If your thinking of getting a chip I'd do engine mods first.. this way when you get chipped the company can actually retune the stock program they have to better suite what youve done to your car. if you get a chip now and later on decide to do a pulley kit on a supercharged engine.. you will need to get the program modified to better fit the new HP increase from the pulley kit.
    I have a Kleemann pulley kit and custom cat back exhaust right now.. and I have been talking with Upsolute, Im gonna get chipped soon.. probably next weekend.

here is the upsolute website in Austria, you can click on the English version, then click on database and type in the model of your car i.e. C230. Your dealer is close shows 39 HP increase and 15HP for my car.
    I think the dyno they have on the Kompresser car is with a pulley kit and chip together.. there is no way you can pick up almost 40hp with remapping the ECU.. maybe 10-15 at the most.. but not 40!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I agee these chips download are a

Originally posted by Linh
    DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! Two reason, NO body has proof hp gain on chip 5 or more hp. Second, if you car ever get software upload from the dealer, the new software wouldn't wipe out the old one. I can only speak for my 99' Slk 230 experience with Upsolute chip, they try 4 difference version but all of them make my car run slower.
    waste of money for the miminal if any power gain you get, and if you do get a power gain it is usually at the hight RPM and or speeds, so at the low end they are worthless IMHO. I spent over a $100 on a BMW I had before my Benz for computer upgrades, CEI, bored Throttle Body, in the end I wound up with about 5HP extra at 5500 rpm, but the car burtned more gas and belowe the 5500 rpm mark the HP was lower then stock and this stuff was from the best known BMW tuner in the country.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

OG Moderator
    I'll be going back to the Upsolute rep in my area to get chipped.. I went last week so he could read my stock chip, he now has the program from upsolute.
    I will let you all know if I feel any difference, and if its worth the $$$$.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I hope it works out for you, but I did

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    I'll be going back to the Upsolute rep in my area to get chipped.. I went last week so he could read my stock chip, he now has the program from upsolute.
    I will let you all know if I feel any difference, and if its worth the $$$$.
    the math and spoke to a tuner and I concluded the return on investment wasn't enough for me.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

OG Moderator
    well I got chipped on saturday.. ddidnt drive very much over the weekend.. but this today on te way to work and home again.. I can honestly notice a difference.. seems to pul better and faster, also seems to lauch off the line with more authority!!
    The Upsolute rep claimed to me a 15hp increase.. and I believe him.. Im pretty pleased so far with the outcome of the chip.. worth the $675 canadian???... so far I would say yeh.

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    well I got chipped on saturday.. ddidnt drive very much over the weekend.. but this today on te way to work and home again.. I can honestly notice a difference.. seems to pul better and faster, also seems to lauch off the line with more authority!!
    The Upsolute rep claimed to me a 15hp increase.. and I believe him.. Im pretty pleased so far with the outcome of the chip.. worth the $675 canadian???... so far I would say yeh.

What kind of day was it weather wise? Under certain weather conditions, cool, dray day a car's engines will run better. just a point, drive the car for awhile and then report how it is. Just spending $675.00 canadian would make anyone feel like they got there monies worth.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280