Thread: Retro fir Cruise Control to a facelift w202?

Retro fit Cruise Control to a facelift w202?

Hello,

My '99 C230K is a manual, hence did not come with cruise control as standard.

I would really like to mod my car by retro fitting OEM cruise control.

Can anyone idenify what is required?

If there is lots of work, then in all honesty I will probably forget it.

However, if the car is mostly pre-wired and I just need the new stalk and a few other bits, I would really like to go for it.

Thanks

Graham
    1999 C230 Kompressor Sport. Manual.
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

I dont think thats possible/safe...theres a reason NO manual cars come stock w/ cruise control

manual cars have cruise control....

Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
    I dont think thats possible/safe...theres a reason NO manual cars come stock w/ cruise control

Thanks, but the key word is stock.

I believe no manual cars came with cruise control as MB chose to make it standard with the automatic transmission, which in the UK although a popular choice, was charged extra for.

I do not know if this is the case in the US - I believe for you guys auto was standard and you did not even get the choice of a manual box?

Anyway, back in the UK, cruise control sure was an option on manual cars and I have indeed seen a facelift C230K wagon, manual gearbox and cruise control.

So we know it's possible in OEM fitment, but does anyone know the answer to the original question?
    17\" AMG\'s, AMG \'43 Exhaust, Xenons, Custom Grille, 10\" JL Sub, Kenwood MP3, Handsfree and 5.8\" LCD DVD SatNav

i dont know about mercedes but my uncle has cruize control on his honda which is a stick shift, and my friend alen had cruize on his audi which was a stick so yea manuals come with cruize control too

Elvir
    Baaa

GrahamC230K it is possible to retrofit cruise control on your 202. Steve has done this on his own 202 so he would know what parts are needed and if the job is worth it.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    GrahamC230K it is possible to retrofit cruise control on your 202. Steve has done this on his own 202 so he would know what parts are needed and if the job is worth it.

Yeah, for sure.

I did some digging for info and have now mailed Steve, but was just trying some other sources to see if anyone knew.

As with all the good mods - only Steve will have the answer!

Re: Retro fit Cruise Control to a facelift w202?

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
    Hello,

My '99 C230K is a manual, hence did not come with cruise control as standard.

I would really like to mod my car by retro fitting OEM cruise control.

Can anyone idenify what is required?

If there is lots of work, then in all honesty I will probably forget it.

However, if the car is mostly pre-wired and I just need the new stalk and a few other bits, I would really like to go for it.

Thanks

Graham
    I had a BMW with a manual 5 speed and it came from the factory with cruise, either pushing the clucth in or the touching the brake pedal dis engaged the cruise, Cruise is safe with a manual, in fact safer, as you have two ways of dis engaging it. compared to only the brake pedal on the automatic, Of course both have a stalk off setting.
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280

Steve came to the rescue in the end with the part number:
    A2085450424

The car had to be coded using dealer equipment to activate it.

Cost about £50UKP

Good I glad they could do it for you, I

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
    Steve came to the rescue in the end with the part number:
    A2085450424

The car had to be coded using dealer equipment to activate it.

Cost about £50UKP
    can't do without cruise control and my wife's Audi came standard with cruise and she never uses it, beyond my comprehension why????
    Benzmeister
    1999 C280