Thread: Adjusting headlights after lowering

Adjusting headlights after lowering

Since I lowered my car, particularly when changed from pads #4 to #1 in front, my lights are way too low on the street I can't see isht... since the car have now a lower front than rear.

How do I go about adjusting the lights?

Etienne
    I can resist everything except temptation

I got the same problem as you are.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

i just parked my car on a pretty level surface, ie driveway or watever, and had a stock car pull next 2 me and just adjusted it to about the same level.....kinda ghetto but it worked

hah Auto Tech pays off...

You'll need to find a flat surface and a 90 degree angle (a wall) to use as a sort of projector screen. You'll want to pull up until you're about 10 feet from the wall. Turn your headlights on and mark on the wall (tape, etc) where the apprx center of the beam is. Now, using a measuring tape, mark on the wall the height you desire the middle of your beam to be. Turn your headlights back on and adjust them using the small knobs on top of the lenses. Auto tech wasn't for nothing! Hope this helps...
    -sholly

just get your car's manual and lookup how to adjust the headlight beams. follow the steps except aim the beam higher than what's stated in the manual, to your liking and you should be all set.
    1998 C280 Desert Silver (sister owns this now)
    2005 BMW 325i