Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19s

19s

hey guys i have a 95' c220 i was wondering if anyone had troubles putting 19" on your car. i want to buy some but im not sure they will fit the guy says they will btu uknow ppl who want to sell there stuff.

input would be lovely

input would be lovely?

SEARCH would be lovely..... and if u absolulty CANT find anything on fitting 19s to a w202, holler.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i honestly searched everything from

fitting 19s to a w202
    fitting 19s to a c220
    fitting 19s
    19 inch rims

i went to the gallery searched for them couldnt find. maybe i didnt do it well enough but its really important i find out before tomorrow because the bid is finished. so ya im trying to find out if they will fit on my car without and customization

Work to your car will be needed to fit 19's. Nothing too major....i have 19 's and experience rubbing only when 4 passengers are in the car. That is without fender flaring.

whats fender flaring?

dont u have to put into consideration the

offset
    tire size
    suspension stiffness and ride height?

OG Moderator
    I ran BBS CH, sized 19x8.5 ET35.

Rear had a 15mm spacer to fit flush with the fenders, so consider that ET20.

All four of my fenders were rolled to minimize and eliminate rubbing.

Yes, 19's do fit, but whether or not it will rub or not depends on several factors -

1) What suspension setup you have (translates into your ride height and travel)

2) What size/offset wheels you decide to run.

3) What size tire you run, as well as what brand (as some brands are a little bigger or a little smaller despite identical printed sizes)

4) How much your girlfriend weighs (which also translates into your ride height and travel, albeit on the passenger side)

Just kidding on that last one. But feel free to browse through the member galleries for pictures of members' cars that run 19's.

Edit - this belongs in Suspension

OG Moderator
    As everyone has stated already.. there are a few factors to look at...
    1. wheel offset, and size
    2. suspension setup
    3. tire size

Im running a full Eibach suspension (springs and sway bars) and #1 pads all around giving me about a 2.25-2.5" drop.
    My wheels are 19x8.5's all around with ET35 and 15mm spacers on the rear axles to give me an ET20 on the rear.
    strut tower braces front and rear and custom camber arms for the rear.
    My tires are Pirelli P-zero Rosso's, 225/35/19 up front (that will change when they wear out, go to 235)
    235/35/19 rear. the Pirelli tires have a bit more of a square sidewall to them.. some tires have a more rounded sidewall (another thing to consider)

*2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

wow thanks a lot for the input. well can i tell u guys the info and tell me wether it will work or not . i dont know much about this but as i know the rims i want to get are

19 x 8.5"
    offset 35.
    Bolt Pattern: 5x112
    they dont come with tires so id have to buy tires. and also for springs i dont have them yet so im all depending it on the rims i have. what do you guys suggest? btw how much does fender rolling cost? ( approx . )

these are the rims btw having a 3" lip would it make a diffrent with the tire width etc?

OG Moderator
    wow thanks a lot for the input. well can i tell u guys the info and tell me wether it will work or not . i dont know much about this but as i know the rims i want to get are:
    19 x 8.5"
    offset 35.
    Bolt Pattern: 5x112
    they dont come with tires so id have to buy tires. and also for springs i dont have them yet so im all depending it on the rims i have. what do you guys suggest? btw how much does fender rolling cost? ( approx . )

these are the rims btw having a 3" lip would it make a diffrent with the tire width etc?
    Yep.. 19x8.5 will work great for the front with an ET 35, and 5x112 bolt pattern.. you could co wider for the rears.. 19x9.5's or even 19x10, but the offset will have to be different to accomodate the wider wheel.
    I like the rims you selected.. the best thing to do is to buy rims and then buy a spring kit.. this way you already have the wheels on the car, and then you can drop it and see exactly how it will sit on the big shoes.
    fender rolling may run you $75 (canadian mind you) per fender.
    and with the 3" lip on the rims.. Im guessing that only on the rear wheels??.. but at any rate the offsets will be different to accomodate the lip on the rim.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    Yep.. 19x8.5 will work great for the front with an ET 35, and 5x112 bolt pattern.. you could co wider for the rears.. 19x9.5's or even 19x10, but the offset will have to be different to accomodate the wider wheel.
    I like the rims you selected.. the best thing to do is to buy rims and then buy a spring kit.. this way you already have the wheels on the car, and then you can drop it and see exactly how it will sit on the big shoes.
    fender rolling may run you $75 (canadian mind you) per fender.
    and with the 3" lip on the rims.. Im guessing that only on the rear wheels??.. but at any rate the offsets will be different to accomodate the lip on the rim.
    ya im going to stick with 19 x 8.5" i dont think ill go wider. i have a question tho what does the lip depend on like for the tires. what tire size would fit?

OG Moderator
    the amout of lip you have doesnt depend on the tires you use at all.. lip on a rim is just for all out looks.. wil not affect the tires you put on them.
    as for sizes... you can go with a 225/35/19, or a 235/35/19 (will work the best)
    anything wider on those width rims will just cause problems with rubbing when lowered.

with 19s whats the best drop cause u dont want to drop it too much or else it will rub right?

btw SLAMMED C i sent u a pm message

OG Moderator
    The best drop depends on how u whant it to look.. there are ways of getting around rubbing issues.. just depends on if you want to spend the time and money to solve them, or just go with a slight drop and not deal with it..
    I've fixed most of my rubbing issues, and Im dropped about 2.25-2.5".. Id like to go lower.. but well have to see about that. depends on how low my car is with my Rieger kit on!

I dont PM works in here.

i actually wanted you to add me on msn since u live in toronto heres my email if u could add me on msn

zyad@homeoftheleafs.com

i was looking to get 18x8.5's in the front and 18x9.5's in the rear. I never thought about lowering it before i came to this site. The wheel place said they would fit but now i'm not so sure from some of the stuff i read. I never put aftermarket wheels on my cars before so I'm not really sure how it all works. Would I need a fender mod to fit the 9.5's on the back?

In Charge
    Originally posted by mr. gatsbury
    Would I need a fender mod to fit the 9.5's on the back?
    What kind of car? AMG'c come form the factory with pulled fenders to help with clearance.

Rolling your fenders may help in clearance, but is not the absolute. You can choose a proper tire size and have very minimal rubbing. I would suggest 225 up front and 255-265 in rears. Also, correct offset will help determine clearance: Fitment Guide Thread
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

thanks Denlasoul,

I'm still a little unsure of the fitment. Remember, I have never done this before so I'm scratching my hea a bit... How do I determine the offset? The post you sent gave ranges:

front for 8" and 8.5" width rim:
    18x8 should have offset between 25mm -38 mm
    for 18x8.5 shoud have offwet between 30mm -35mm

now the rear for 9" and 9.5"width rim:
    18x9 should have offset between 27/28mm - 30mm
    18x9.5 should offset between 30mm - 38mm

How do I determine what the exact offset sould be to get the wheels to match up just right? Some of the mm ranges are huge ranging up to a difference of 13mm. There are a couple of diffrent wheels i am considering now all 18"s

Here's on I am looking at for example:

FM-FM5 MACHINED

Sizes: 18x8.5" & 18x9.5"
    Offsets: ET 38mm & 25mm
    Bolt Pattern: 5x112 mm
    Structure: one-piece cast alloy
    Finish: MACHINED
    Fitments: MERCEDES
    X-rayed for integrity
    Pictured with optional chrome crest caps

In Charge
    Based on information I have read and been told, the smaller the offset = closer to the fender.

So, in the case of the wheels you are looking at: the fronts will fit but will be a little further in (towards the hub) than closer to the fender (for a flush look). The rears, on the other hand, will stick out of your fender. For a rear I would look for something in the 35ish range.

Now if you see wheels with large offsets like AMG Monoblocks with 44mm, you can have them fitted to your car by adding a 10mm spacer. Essenstially, it will make you wheel setup like a 34mm offset and will sit closer to the fender.

I would suggest finding a wheel setup that fit within the range you reposted, but stay slightly away from the smaller offset range. In this case, 8.5 fronts with 32-35mm offsets and 9.5 rears with 33-36mm range.

To give you an example, my car sits 0n 18x8F and 18x9 rears with 31F and 35R mm offsets. The wheels are pretty much flush to the fenders of my car. Minimal rubbing and problems. I have full turning ability too.

If you come across somehting you like, post up the details so that members can help with fitment questions and such.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

In Charge
    how bout these?
    That rear offset is the problematic one. 25 is too much, go with something like 35. Nice wheel though.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Damn,

I love those wheels too. Ok, ok, how about these? Do you know what they are?

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...?threadid=1645
    1998 C280 sport

Den,

look what I found http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...?threadid=3419

someone has them in chrome
    1998 C280 sport

In Charge
    gats-

In the first pic, edub's wheels are Brabus Monoblocks (he was selling them awihile back, and his current ones are Axis Milano's 19.

In the second pic, those are Lorisner LM5's not sure if real or not. I see alot of replicas for sale on eBay.

Both are nice wheels, all you really need to do is find good offsets for your car.

DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Ok Axis Milano's.....those where the ones I was asking about. The weird thing is that the Lorisners (the replicas anyway) that I showed you first have these measurements:

Sizes: 18x8.5" & 18x9.5"
    Offsets: ET 38mm & 25mm
    Bolt Pattern: 5x112 mm
    Structure: one-piece cast alloy
    Finish: MACHINED
    Fitments: MERCEDES
    X-rayed for integrity
    Pictured with optional chrome crest caps

weird that the offsets must be diff. You know, if I would have fitment probs with those and not the orig. Damn, Den this is tough. Especially since in don't know sh*t about offsets and stuffs......

I checked out the milano's too http://www.axiswheels.com/milano.html
    doesn't say offsets wonder if Edub had to roll fenders and such. Looks pretty low with those 19's you know someone in the South Jersey area that I could talk to? I could clear up an hour of typing in a 5 minute conversation....

What wheels and tires are you running?
    1998 C280 sport

In Charge

What wheels and tires are you running?
    I'm running AMG Monoblock II's. 18x8 32ET front and 18x9 ET35 rear.

Tires sizes are 225/40F and 255/35R

I wonder if the Replica LM5's have the correct offset listed...it may be a typo.

I do not know anyone in the NJ area, but there is a member here Dave (s/n dwang) who could probably help you out.

I'm not too sure if edub's fenders are rolled. Mine are not, but remember AMG slightly pulled out the fenders straight from the factory. I'll probably have my fenders rolled (overkill is not a bad thing )

Also, check out Tire Rack they have some useful tool stuff regarding wheels and fitment. Another site would be www.xrims.com.

Lastly, you can always talk to Sander at The Wheel Supply. I hear he is very helpful to people.

Let me know if you need any more help.

edit: I looked at an LM5 replica wheels set and they listed 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 wheels with 38 OR 25mm offset. It is from the wheel exchange (same place as the LM5 2's Click me link you posted.) I would call and ask if this set had a 38 or 25mm offset choice too.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)