Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Shocks?

Best Shocks?

So I am looking for a shock upgrade, which will be lead by better springs then some rims, and I was wonder once and for all which springs are the best, I was going to go with bil sport shocks, then I was thinking AMG or Brabus and everyone's fav koni yellows, I want the best handling possible, and cost is no issue, what do I get?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

if cost is no issue you can get some crazy shit, ask speedybenz.

but i recomment Koni Adj. i plan to get these within the next 2 months after my tint.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
    ...I want the best handling possible, and cost is no issue, what do I get?
    If this is true, none of those mentioned above are what you want. Get some custom made shocks instead, fully adjustable.
    1999 C43 - Carlsson 18\" 1/6 Diamond... Vogtland Springs ... Koni Ext. Adjustable... Clears...

where would i go to have this done?, and I was looking for more along the lines of best possible shocks I can buy already made, mainly through internet....
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

and if you have bils why change to koni?

***C43***

OG Moderator
    What are you trying to accomplished..??

Best shock for what..???

Best shock for the money..?
    Best shock for the flexibility adjustment..?
    Best shock for race track.???

I notice you have asked a lot of question , but yet I still don't know what you're really looking for..?

same goes for spring..?
    What are you after..??

What best for speedybenz (track junky) may not be best for your "street" application as the spring rate might be too stiff....

So depending on what is your goal is then we could share the knowledge and recommendation based on our experience..

But just come out and ask blantantly as what is best.....won't really help us help you..

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

ashkan is that guy on mbworld that talks but no game.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

I guess then street, because i want to change out springs and shocks but don't know what to go with, I don't want to have anything custom made, but i want best handling possible, well I don't really know the apps for shocks eg track or street, but I was looking for something that would be it hella better, better on curves and turns and straight away things like that I suppose I don't really know

***C43***

Originally posted by jnolte
    ashkan is that guy on mbworld that talks but no game.
    well if I knew what to get I wouldn't have to keep asking, and all you get on mbworld are pricks like aho who talk game about cars that he never really tells what he owns...

***C43***

I suppose I don't really know
    Untill you can figure that out no one can really suggest anything.

But from what you posted it doesnt sound like youre gonna take your car to the local parking lot for a weekend of autox, nor try to see what your fastest lap will be at the local track.

Dont worry about is AMG better than Brabus or if you replace Brabus with koni that means its better... thats all bull... again its what you want out of your car and cost of a part has nothing to do with this.

Here is what you need to get, a set of H&R springs and a set of bilstien sports and a set of #1 pads. It will be a perfect street combo for better handling and looks for you.

edit: buy your stuff from tirerack, it will make it easier for you.

And no need to ask what about x springs or x shocks this set up will work for you.

fin
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I am not so much concerned with aesthetics as much as handling and my biggest remorse would be to purchase a combo only to find that there would be a better setup available (with regards to handling) I am by no means any sort of expert in suspension, but I was looking for the best combo that would give me better handling no matter what style of driving I was so inclined to do whether it be track or street, I apologize if my request seem convoluted but I want to make the correct purchase because I won't be making another swap once I do this, I don't switch out and try different setups ever so once i do make the exchange it will be the only time, so I want to be confident that it was the correct direction to go.

***C43***

II was looking for the best combo that would give me better handling no matter what style of driving I was so inclined to do whether it be track or street
    Every suspension setup is a compromise. Knowing this will you ever be happy with one setup? Ask yourself this question then call the tirerack and purchase the combo I suggested.

Trust me, by your response, I doubt I will see you going around some cones at the local parking lot. Its not gonna happen...

... still not gonna happen....

.... yep youre still not at nasa....

....oh whats thats im sorry youre still not racing your M104....

.... yes its harsh but its not gonna help you if you keep on dreaming.....

.... hello tire rack I would like to purchase....... good boy.

Hey reality hurts get over it and just DRIVE
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Ashkan,

For $5000 I will make you the setup I run, but wth softer springs more in tune with street use.

You will get Custom 8100 series Penske shocks that will bolt right up and will be adjustable for compression and rebound damping independantly. The damping is the product of over one year of testing

Also included will be special spring perches that will allow you to use whatever spring rate works best for you and set the ride ht. from fully slammed to SUV ht., ie; really tall.

Rear camber arms to set the rear tires at the best angle for traction.

Also included would be front and rear swaybar bushings.

If you want the best and are willing to pay the cost this is it. Nothing else you can buy will match this setup.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

tirerack does not have bil shocks

***C43***

tirerack does not have bil shocks
    Here ya' go...

Koni & Bilstein shocks

Vogtland Springs

or how about a complete kit

Now order something already...
    1999 C43 - Carlsson 18\" 1/6 Diamond... Vogtland Springs ... Koni Ext. Adjustable... Clears...

forget what nokia said...go with the speedybenz setup. Jeff makes great stuff, and you should put that on your car. You will never find a better handling car period. And even more, you'll be helping out a fellow member instead of giving your money to some internet site.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

This place has many shock vogtland and all

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/ho...r%20/%20Spring

that other site where i order my shocks from never sent them so I canceled the order before i got fucked with my credit card, does anyone know any other places to order bilstein sport shocks, hopefully under 300 or close to it

***C43***

kan...

that other site where i order my shocks from never sent them so I canceled the order before i got fucked with my credit card, does anyone know any other places to order bilstein sport shocks, hopefully under 300 or close to it
    Man Kann, no matter what forum you post on its always the same story with you- can't make up your mind- Anyhow, best price I've seen on Bilsteins is on www.allshocks.com

-sholly

all shocks does not have it for c class, and this is the second time I have had a parts website not send me my stuff or reply to my emails....forcein me to delete the order

***C43***

and I made up my fucking mind I need a place to buy it... that will send it to me

***C43***

Originally posted by e-low
    www.pure-motorsport.com

Originally posted by nokia8860

Here is what you need to get, a set of H&R springs and a set of bilstien sports and a set of #1 pads. It will be a perfect street combo for better handling and looks for you.
    Nokia... would you say this setup is superior then stock AMG?

My shocks are "tired" on my C43 (car doesn't take the same compression set it used to and now has a bit of bounce in a turn) ; plus I'm finally ready to give the car a drop. But I only want to do so in a manner that's "better" then the AMG setup I have now. (by "better" I mean both superior handling on anything from standard twisties on a bumpy roads to smooth autoX, as well as not drive like a truck when on a road with expansion joints, like the AMG suspension does now.)

...of course this leads to the "digressive vs. progressive" question. But I figure I'll do a search before I ask that publicly in a different post as I assume that's already been explored...

Originally posted by speedybenz
    For $5000 I will make you the setup I run, but wth softer springs more in tune with street use.
    You will get ...
    Jeff, I sent you an e-mail through the board about this. Hope to talk to you soon.

-steve