Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual Zone Climate Control

thats koo... i liked it there... but i like sac better... where do you live? i lived in woodbridge oaks... and my first year i lived in the dorms... damn... sometimes i miss the food at pippen though... hahaha... pippen food...

isengard, i always go to brandy wine...
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

i went there a couple times... when i lived in the dorms i lived in the FYEP house in Arroyo Vista... and Pippin was the closest for us...

man that is so awesome, and well the dual climate thing sounds really sweet I mean if its not too costly get that guy down here so we can all have this....
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

werd...

besides where everybody goes to study...FORGET ABOUT DUAL CLIMATE CONTROLS.

1) the car is way too small to be able to set extreme temp differences so whatever the difference is set to, is hradly noticeable...this gets even worse with 4way climate controls like in the 211s...makes me really wonder what the engineers at MB have been thinking...

2) there are quite some costs involved with this modifications. The complete heater housing has to be swapped in order to make the dual climate control fully functional.

3) retrofitting this dual climate control in involves taking the complete dash out of the car up to the bare firewall( see pictures Mike posted from my car)...unless you don't have any kind of airconditioning this is definitely NOT worth the hassle.

Besides that I do think it is possinble...the standard 208 comes with a 202 heater housing and thus the 208 dual climate control heater housing parts fit the 202 as well...but all in all it will end up EXPENSIVE and TIMETAKING.

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL