Thread: suspension noise, need help

suspension noise, need help

hi guys
    finally got to do my lower control arm bushings with alignment. dropped 250$ and was hoping that would be the end of my clunking and loose feeling of my c36. guess i was wrong.
    the first day i took the car out it felt better than before but overly tight as some people mentioned it would. my rear felt a lot more loose than the front but hey i though at least not the front is perfect.(strange thing was that my mechanic told me that everything is ok with my rear suspension)

so after few days i started hearing noises. they sound like some sort of squeeking or something like that. to describe it better, if u ever heard someone rocking on a grandma's old wooden chair and wood makes a noise (except its metal in my case) thats what it is. noise makes me feel like the whole suspension is twisting or something. for example i roll in Drive and make a turn u hear it. i have passangers and front standstill i start driving u hear it. i brake u hear it.
    damn it what can it be? did the guy overtighted something. i mean i brought the car back to him and he tried spraying some w40 on sway bar bushings. i think it helped maybe a little but the noise is still there. like i said just rolling in D and making turns makes that grandma chair noise.
    now also my wheel bearing is bad. we though it was balljoints but after jiggeling wheel for a little bit he told me its a wheel bearing. somehow after putting new control arm bushings basically the car got stiffer and everything else took a bigger load hence whatever was worn got worse.
    also my shocks are leaking :-(. stock shocks with 100k on it.

so what could that noise be?

well this could probably not be it, but i did not have any squeeking noises, till i lowred my car..then i did that, noises came from every side, its prolly because the car is so stiff

Elvir
    Baaa

I'll tell you what it is

My 97 230 was doing just that, and the dealer replaced:

1) upper control arms
    2) lower control arm bushings
    3) stabilizer bar bushings
    4) ball joints

It's all fixed now, and totally squeak-free. I also had the alternator replaced - dash lights would dim, followed almost immediately by engine revs dropping and recovering - alternator kicking in.

Gotta love that Starmark warranty!

I am having almost the same problem. but there is a noise coming from the back (in the trunk on the right side behind the carpeting). I checked it out it, it is something like a small pump, unplugged it and plugged it back, but still...the same noise (noise is like a loucd CD changer changing CD's) It looks like a small pnuematic thingy that has small hoses connected to it, CAN SOMEONE HELP? I took it to a mech and he said it is a pump the gives the shocks air (like air shocks) But last time i checked i have regular gas bilstien shocks in the front and back can someone help please??? or explain the "little" pump system
    If it might help i can post pics later
    1994 Mercedes Benz C280
    Pretty much all Original but will hook it up in the future