Thread: Car vibration after brake and disc replacement

Car vibration after brake and disc replacement

As per title does someone had similar experience?

Mechanic tell me I need to make new balance (static balancing not only to the dismounted wheel) to the front wheel after disc replacement.

Waiting for this, please I appreciate a lot if someone had similar problem.

Did you buy quality disc rotors? They could be throwing your balance off. Also did it happen right away or after a few days of using the car as you might have warped the rotor.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    Did you buy quality disc rotors? They could be throwing your balance off. Also did it happen right away or after a few days of using the car as you might have warped the rotor.
    rotors are Brembo "Max" should be good (pads are textar).

It happened as soon installed. Tomorrow I'll go to check the balance of the front axles (wheel and rotors).

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Please how many kilometers/miles are necessary to complete the breke/disc adjustment? Since till now after 400 km, the braking is still not good as before with old components!?

thanks again

marco

OG Moderator
    Vibrating, is usually when you tigthen the torx bolts that hold the brake disc, you did not do it very well. Try to put the correct amount of tension.

If your braking is worse than before then make sure there are no buble in your brake lines.

OG Moderator
    Vibration such as you describe is usually caused by disc runout, itself caused by failure to ensure a perfectly clean, flat surface on the hub before installing the new disc. Take your discs off, clean the hub completely, lubricate the caliper slide bolts before reassembly, then bleed your brakes. A small amout of air or moisture can also cause a braking vibration. Just-driving-along vibration is more than likely disc runout. It's highly unlikely you have warped rotors, especially Brembos.
    Don't forget to torque your wheels correctly. Let us know how you make out.

Dear Friends,

I thank you for your kind suggestion, I'll keep in mind your kind reply.

Today I'll go to check the vehicle static balancing (with wheel installed). Hoping this operation will solve the problem I hope that I'll not need to dismount again the disc, I'll ask to the mechanic that performed the work in order to have the confirmation that he cleaned well the hub surfaces tightening well the torx disc.

I'll keep you informed.

Only to up-date you Guys. After balancing the problem is 80% solved but, may be in my mind is still present. I've to better drive and verify

Further, yesterday I tried several braking test to verify brake capability, I exaggerated a lot and the brake pedal go down!!

Probably brake fluid evaporated/boiled due to high disc temperature. Do you suggest now I have to bleed the circuit?

Originally posted by 1998K

I exaggerated a lot and the brake pedal go down!!

Probably brake fluid evaporated/boiled due to high disc temperature. Do you suggest now I have to bleed the circuit?

please what do you think?

OG Moderator
    If the brake pedal goes further down when the brakes are hot, there is likely moisture in your fluid that is boiling when the brakes get hot, causing vapour in the system that is compressible. You must replace the fluid in the system completely. 2 people can do this job easily, one to push the pedal and hold it, one to release and reseal the bleed screw. If you take it to a shop, they can ensure that the fluid in the ABS pump is changed too, but I would recommend a dealer for that job so you can be sure it is done right.
    If the pedal always goes down a lot and feels soft, you probably have air in the system. Again, bleed the brakes. The last, least likely problem is a fading master cylinder. The fluid internally bypasses the seals, causing a loss of pressure at the calipers. You must push the pedal further to get the same braking effort. I say this is unlikely, because it is usually only seen on very high mileage or old vehicles that have sat a long time.
    I feel the bleeding (complete fluid replacement) of your brakes will rid you of your vibration and braking issues.
    On the issue of your vibration - check your lower ball joints too. They can cause it.

benzfan, thanks a lot for your kind and detailed help.

Brake fluid has been completly changed few days ago, during brake disk/pad replacement. I was wondering of possible few amount of air still in the sistem or as the mechanic suggest a master cylinder (but mine have only 100000Km). The pedal now is firm with engine off, with engine on go down just very slowly and a few.

Please is normal to hear a hiss if I press fast the pedal during car running?

Thanks again

Marco

to up-date you Guys, and for your info.

The balancing problem seems solved after changing wheels (front to rear and viceversa).

Thanks again for your help.

Hoping this is solved

Hi