Thread: After Market D2R bulb problem

After Market D2R bulb problem

I just bought a 6000K mcculloch D2R bulb and installed them.
    The weird thing is.. when I switched them on, the bulb on the right flickers. Some times it turns on sometimes it DOESN'T!?? Anybody had a similar problem with mine?

Had this got to do with the light error indicator being turned on? (I am still not sure if this might had been the problem, I am working on the installation of my LED front signals)

Sorry to tell you this bro, but that mculloch kit is nothing but junk. I bought a set for my sister's Escalade and it had the same exact flickering problem and sometimes it would flicker constantly and shut off at times. Return it and get your money back. Pay more for the good shit and you'll be happy. Its just more reliable. I just went through two generic HID kits to put in my fog lights and both were crap. I returned them and paid more for a good Philips HID kit and I am super happy with the results. Contact Ken @ www.autotriks.com. The lights are 6000k and emit an extremely white light and purple hue. It's awesome and brighter than any stock HID system. You won't be dissapointed. Peace!

Johnny

Originally posted by Jbizzyc43
    Sorry to tell you this bro, but that mculloch kit is nothing but junk. I bought a set for my sister's Escalade and it had the same exact flickering problem and sometimes it would flicker constantly and shut off at times. Return it and get your money back. Pay more for the good shit and you'll be happy. Its just more reliable. I just went through two generic HID kits to put in my fog lights and both were crap. I returned them and paid more for a good Philips HID kit and I am super happy with the results. Contact Ken @ www.autotriks.com. The lights are 6000k and emit an extremely white light and purple hue. It's awesome and brighter than any stock HID system. You won't be dissapointed. Peace!

Johnny
    Did you have OEM ballast to go with the bulb or the whole new kit(bulb/ballast)?
    Does anyone know who sells the 6000K D2R phillips bulb only?

It came with genuine Philips ballasts. Trust me and get the kit. It's great.