Thread: Took some notice of my headlight...

Took some notice of my headlight...

I own a 99 c43. I changed my OEM hid bulb to a 6000K bulb sometime ago. Recently I started to notice that only the upper half of the headlight is much brighter. I thought it was the bulb. I changed back to stock and I noticed that it is like that, only that the brightness of the upper headlight somehow blend in with the lower part.

Is there something wrong with my headlight or the HID system? I seriously hate the way it look now! (90 degrees "L")

While I was installing the bulbs I noticed that there is a free cable and an empty bulb holder below the hid bulb. I assume that would be a driving light??? Is that functional? what size bulb fits in there?

the lower part is integrated fogs. urs might be empty because u have a c43 (with fogs in bumper).

yeah, i have the same thing, but i have H1 bulbs in there. I was wondering what that was for! I guess it's because I have xenons and fogs in bumper as well

any idea how to get rid that "empty" space?
    put an additional H1... jbizzyc43???
    what would be close to that 6000k?

Funny you mention it.. I have a Philips H1 conversion xenon kit for my fogs. I might be tempted to put it in the "empty H1 space". That would be bright as hell!!! hahaha!