Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new rieger front

I cringed pretty hard when the page loaded. What is reiger trying to accomplish here? Maybe I'm missing something.
    744 C230K

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?!?! That has got to be the ugliest kit I have ever seen for a W202. The bumper, while it looks agressive, is over the top for the body style of the W202. Like someone stated, it belongs on a civic or other Type R cars. In addition, the skirts dont even line up with the car. Looks like a cheap Lorinser kit.

By far the worst kit I have ever seen. I would rather go with a Koenig kit.

lol...

:werd:

All the bumper line didn't line up nicely..

plus the air dam opening is too big... doesn't belong W202..

you want something nice other than AMG kit (C43, and C36 I know AMG styling is subtle) then get WALD !!!

they maybe expensive, but then again you get what u paid for...

This one definitely rice....

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Wow........looks like the new Hyundai Tiburon.
    Yes, I have a few mods, but they\'re so discrete, my wife hasn\'t noticed them.

2000 C 230 K

hmmm alot of for and against on this kit.........
    Im set on the lumma......
    I guess this kit is just alittle round for the 202....sides are alittle extreme.....

Regards,
    Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

In Charge
    You know, if you stare at the "EG" in RIEGER long enough, it fuses to become a "C"
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Okay this is my take on it.

If i saw this kit on a w202 in real life, if i was walking down the street, it would catch my eye and i would stare for like 20 minuets.

But really if i was gunna shell out madd $$ for a body kit would i wanna go with a kit that is going to make my w202 look like a Civic or a cracked out prelude? NO!!! its a benz, i need somehting more fitting for the role!

I would go with the WALD kit, its the best one out there!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i dig it. maybe it would look better on a black car cuz the holes wont look so big.

CKlasse
    Fugly. I'd stick w/ OE style C36 / 43 or good ol Rieger kit.

ryhi, i agree it would look alot better on a black w202

wow i really have strong feelings for this bumper. ok the side skirts are wack but the front bumper looks sweet. if you put c43 side skirts with a c36 back or the c43 back it will look very good! it gives that agressive look that the 202's need. if you think this kit belongs on a civic then all the new amg bumpers that are coming out belong on a civic also becuase they are very similar. they are almost exactly as the c55 and the others amgs. i think put a s600 grill on it and it will change your mind. its the grill that makes the car look how it is. picture this car all black with that front bumper, c43 side skirts an s600 grill painted black and droped! it will look crazy!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by jstrat85
    wow i really have strong feelings for this bumper. ok the side skirts are wack but the front bumper looks sweet. if you put c43 side skirts with a c36 back or the c43 back it will look very good! it gives that agressive look that the 202's need. if you think this kit belongs on a civic then all the new amg bumpers that are coming out belong on a civic also becuase they are very similar. they are almost exactly as the c55 and the others amgs. i think put a s600 grill on it and it will change your mind. its the grill that makes the car look how it is. picture this car all black with that front bumper, c43 side skirts an s600 grill painted black and droped! it will look crazy!!!

yes they might look good on C55 or W203 chassis and SLK R171 chassis for that matter bacause the AMG bumper compliment the curve on W203 body...

but not with W202 body style..

let me give you an example.
    In my opinion E36 M3 bumper looks great. Aggresive but not too much, but does it means looks great on E34 5 series or E39 or E46 3 series for that matter it will looks wack..

AMG put a lof of thought on designing their bumper, as well as other leading tuner. They may have the basic design 3 large opening on the front , but they design to match with the rest of the car...

this is reiger in my opinion although looks like a good ideas, if you look at the detail it looks whack and not very good to attentrion to detail..

take a look the front line, it looks like it just hit a pole softly..
    (the center point seems like just been pushed in a little) this is just to name example..

what good from other model not necessarily.. good for W202...

just my $0.02

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

CKlasse
    The 202 squarish body style simply doesn't match the 'updated' style bumper. Just IMHO.

i did a lilttle photoshop and it looks great! what do you guys think?

foshizzle! i agree with RYHI because that kit is mad ugly on any other color but black!
    744 CULT!

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    You know, if you stare at the "EG" in RIEGER long enough, it fuses to become a "C"
    LOLOLOLOL........
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

when is this bumper going to be able to purchase?

anybody notice that the badge on the hood is completely shaved

does this mean the older rieger kit's prices will change???

...i hate that new kit...i get mad everytime i look at it...
    744 CULT!

Maybe the front bumper would look good in black...
    Don't like the sideskirts though

i think the c43 side skirts and bumper would match, since its so round, then it'll kinda look like a slk32 amg kit.

i think it would look good with the other rieger sides

hahahahaha...pathetic...so NOT 202...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL