Thread: Speaker locations

Speaker locations

Can somebody please list all of the speaker locations and corresponding sizes for me?? I'd just go look, but my car is thousands of miles away right now. TIA

Pimpin\' hard with the female passenger

It may depend on the model and trim of the car. I can tell you that my 97 280 sport has Bose 8 speaker system + a woofer in the rear deck.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong...

Locations on mine are:

2 tweeters under vent looking grills in the dash, one coaxial style speaker in each of the door panels, 2 in the rear deck and one woofer in the rear deck.
    97 Brabus C280 Sport

For the non-bose system there are tweeters in the dash and front doors as 97Brabus described, but there are only two speakers in the rear deck (there's a third but it's for the factory phone setup from what i'm told, doesn't do anything otherwise) as well as a speaker in each rear door. I'm not sure on the sizes, but I believe the front doors and rear deck are around 6-6.5" and the rear doors are around 5.25", I don't think they're standard sizes though.
    My car is a '97, so it might be different for other years. Does anyone know about stereo changes through the years?
    \'06 325i: Black Sapphire Metallic w/Terra Leather
    6spd Manual, Sport Package
    Black Grill, OEM Blackline Taillights, Black/White Roundels

Sold:
    \'97 C230: Brilliant Silver w/ Grey MB Tex: Reich Rocket
    Brabus, Vogtland, Bilstein, Bosch, JVC, MTX
    2006 Spring Bash, Lawton, OK: 1st Place Euro Street
    CarDomain Site
    \'88 420SEL: Smoke Silver w/ Red Leather: Big Pimpin\'
    AMG, eXcelon, Fosgate, MTX

OG Moderator
    please use the SEARCH!

Whoop Whoop! Search police are on the case.

Nothing I searched for gave me 100% of my answers. I need EVERY speaker location, size, mounting depth and also would like to know if modifications are REQUIRED. Maybe I should have been more specific in my questioning.

Normally I would say go to crutchfield.com but they don't have the 280 listed so I would guess they don't have the 230 either. There are plenty of audio sites out there that have run specs on popular cars. Google might be your best bet.

Good luck!
    97 Brabus C280 Sport

go to <www.mercedesshop.com>

at the top of the home page is a DIY section, click on that tag and look for the speaker replacement upgrade post. It is for a 202.

Originally posted by Ethan
    go to <www.mercedesshop.com>

at the top of the home page is a DIY section, click on that tag and look for the speaker replacement upgrade post. It is for a 202.
    No dice. Still not what I need.

There's a post in the W202 section of the mbworld.org site. From what I recall, on the 99 W202 with the Bose package, speaker placements are as follows:

2 Tweeters - 1 each above the A/C vents closest to each door, underneath the small, triangular plastic grill in the top corners of dash

2 speakers front - one mounted in each of the front doors
    2 speakers rear - one mounted in each of the rear doors

2 wooofers - both mounted behind headrests in the rear deck

Now, as for sizes of each...beats me, but I think I read that somewhere on the other site as well.

Do you intend to replace the speakers? FYI, I'm pretty sure that you will not be able to replace these without either using some sort of adapter or involving serious mods. Apparently, the HU or the built in Bose amp are at a non-standard impedence, and replacing all of the speakers without such modifications would result in potential damage to either the HU, the amp, or both.

Of course, if you or anyone else out there could prove this wrong, I'd be stoked. I've been dying to upgrade those stock Bose speakers for a while...

Well, I don't have the Bose system abd my HU is already a non-stock piece. But yes I was going to upgrade all of the speakers.