As far as I can tell the LPD poly front control arm bushing tightens up the steering considerably and allows one to use the front wheels as precision instruments. Immediately after I had mine installed, I belived or noticed that the suspension (hard by MB standards and current AMG standards) became even more comfortable/compliant. I believe the poly bushings transfer the road variation directly to the springs and shocks and eliminate the wheel wobble resulting from soft or pre-maturely worn MB bushings.

Mine were easy to install. The mechanic raised the car, put a tranmission support (stand with threaded pipe in it and a piece of wood on top to support the tranny for removal) under the control arm, unbolted the entire arm while it was supported with the adjustable stand. He took the control arm off, used an air chisel to break out the old bushing and a hammer to bang in the new LPD bushing. He re-used the metal cylinder from the OE set up and hammered that into the center of the LPD bushing. The two smaller bushings at the front of the control are were fine so we left the OE bushings in. (The alleged upgrade, the solid replacement bushings I bought from a late '80's 190E sport-line edition did not fit my 99 C43 and could not be made to fit.)

He repeated the procedure on the other control arm, and bolted them up in their orginal positions, using the adjustable support stand to compress the springs. Took him about 2 or 3 hours. No charge for me -- he owes me -- so, I didn't really keep track of the time; neither did the mechanic.

Well worth the effort and the expense in my opinion!!

I'd like to buy poly bushings for the front of the control arm, two small round ones per side. Does anybody have any word on when or whether LPD has made these yet, or who else may have already made them? Anyone have poly bushings for the rear suspension?

Regards,