Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: poly bushings on ebay, link*

As far as I can tell the LPD poly front control arm bushing tightens up the steering considerably and allows one to use the front wheels as precision instruments. Immediately after I had mine installed, I belived or noticed that the suspension (hard by MB standards and current AMG standards) became even more comfortable/compliant. I believe the poly bushings transfer the road variation directly to the springs and shocks and eliminate the wheel wobble resulting from soft or pre-maturely worn MB bushings.

Mine were easy to install. The mechanic raised the car, put a tranmission support (stand with threaded pipe in it and a piece of wood on top to support the tranny for removal) under the control arm, unbolted the entire arm while it was supported with the adjustable stand. He took the control arm off, used an air chisel to break out the old bushing and a hammer to bang in the new LPD bushing. He re-used the metal cylinder from the OE set up and hammered that into the center of the LPD bushing. The two smaller bushings at the front of the control are were fine so we left the OE bushings in. (The alleged upgrade, the solid replacement bushings I bought from a late '80's 190E sport-line edition did not fit my 99 C43 and could not be made to fit.)

He repeated the procedure on the other control arm, and bolted them up in their orginal positions, using the adjustable support stand to compress the springs. Took him about 2 or 3 hours. No charge for me -- he owes me -- so, I didn't really keep track of the time; neither did the mechanic.

Well worth the effort and the expense in my opinion!!

I'd like to buy poly bushings for the front of the control arm, two small round ones per side. Does anybody have any word on when or whether LPD has made these yet, or who else may have already made them? Anyone have poly bushings for the rear suspension?

Regards,
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

In Charge
    Originally posted by Tump43
    I'd like to buy poly bushings for the front of the control arm, two small round ones per side. Does anybody have any word on when or whether LPD has made these yet, or who else may have already made them? Anyone have poly bushings for the rear suspension?
    Mark-

As I have been told, the front LCA's are solid and do not wear out as fast. Though I do agree that they should be upgraded too. I was trying to pursue this project for awhil, but my guy could not deliver. Basically, not worht the time or money for him. I've talked to others, and the major problem is that there is alot of metal involved (the sleeve), and for whatever reason it is difficult to make a bushing like the OEM. That's why I went with LPD's bushing as it was a solid bushing no metal sleeve. I would have liked to have one with a sleeve to help minmize the wear, but I guess not. It would be great to have a solid bushing(s) for the front half, maybe LPD would consider?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I just installed mine today!

Just installed my Poly's today from LPD. They were perfect fitment and were very high quality parts. They feel better than stock similar but you get more feel for the road and they are not stiff. They are very flexible. I have plenty of pics from the install today if anyone needs any or just wants to see. I will set up links if so. LPD did a great job on this after market product. I recommend them.

I had my urethane bushings installed with an Eibach pro kit. All i can say is wow. Huge difference in handling!! The car is now fun to drive, balanced and loves to corner! I do have to put in bigger spring pads(isolators) in the back though, because it sits too low in the back. (it was about a 3" drop)
    1999 C43. 45k Miles. Silver with two-tone leather interior. K&N air filters, Urethane bushings, Eibach Pro Kit.

Hello Gents,

Will these urethane bushings work on a CLK55?

Originally posted by Chappy
    Hello Gents,

Will these urethane bushings work on a CLK55?
    I have my answer....my tech installed them on his CLK55 cabrio and advises they work beautifully. Mine go in next week.

Originally posted by Chappy
    I have my answer....my tech installed them on his CLK55 cabrio and advises they work beautifully. Mine go in next week.
    Thank you Chappy, thats great news!

Just as a reminder. These bushings can be purchased on our primitive but functional website under ADUS 597

http://www.lpdauto.com/display.asp?tempp=3

$4 cheaper on the website because of no ebay fees.

Free shipping is still available for 202 members.

(reminder: each quantity of 1 repairs one side. For both sides a quantity of 2 is required)
    lpdauto@charter.net
    626-359-8945