Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: poly bushings on ebay, link*

Shoot! I bought a set at full price, $75 per. They should offer me a respectable discount on the remaining bushings for the control arms once they are ready.

I bought a set of C43 control arms on ebay for $40 bucks plus shipping. Arms are fine but the bushings were shot. I left the arms and the polyurethane bushings with my mechanic. He will install them along with the control arm bushings from a 1980's 190E 16valve sport line model. These bushings are much better than the hollow OE bushings because they are solid. This info comes from Danny at MRP. I know I posted the part numbers for these bushings in the past but here they are again:

201 330 01 75 BUSHING KIT,LOWER CONTROL ARM 1 $92.00 $92.00

Price is from Phil at MercedesShop.com. Phil also said that the customers who installed these bushings report much tighter steering response and better handling. As soon as everything is installed on the car I will report back.

Ohh! that reminds me, I bought a set of OZ Superleggera's in 18 x 8 ET 35 from a guy in the MBCA club with 225 40 18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups (apparently they are street legal track slicks not useful or safe in the rain at all). (I don't need the slicks if anyone is interested, let me know).

I got these rims because they are only 18 to 19 lbs each compared to the 26 to 27 lbs each for my 17" AMG monoblocks and 2-piece 5 spoke AMG rims. My question is:
    what is the widest tire I can safely run on an 8" wide rim? 235 or 245? also
    what is the best inexpensive 18" tire to get? I know a lot of you run Kuhmo's and the like, but I don't know the model numbers and the best place to buy them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Marc
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Silver/Black 2005 C55 AMG: fully loaded, evosport UDP\'s, AMS billet crank pulley, phenolic spacers, renntech cf airbox, green filters, elite engineering Z06 anondized catch can, sprintbooster, 030 SLK AMG rear calipers & rotors, SS braided brake lines, 18\" SLK AMG Turbines (summer), 18\" OZ Superleggera\'s (winter), sealth front/rear K40 radar detectors and laser jammers, MB iPod integration kit (mmclaw@optonline.net).[/SIZE]

Marc,

I think you can run a 245mm tire on that rim. That should give you some noticeable front end grip. I have used the Kuhmo MX tires from tire rack

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

hey guys...
    any updates on the bushes??
    i had my lower arms off last month so i dropped them in to have nolathane bushes made to replace the rear bush that takes the beating....
    3 weeks later i phone back to ask whats goin on....they said they had lost my number and were very unsure about doing this because the road noise would increase alot....which seems to be logical...
    so im trying to decide weather to go ahead and find out!..

any input???

Regards,
    Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

any updates on this, I would be interested in these as well, further what do you need for a complete set again? and it would be all poly?
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

shitwhore! I just had mine replaced. I knew not reading this thread would bite me in the ass..

well,i went ahead and got mine done....so il see how it goes when i get my car back together....

Regards,
    Paul

In Charge
    Sorry for not responding, I lost track of this thread. Anyway, I am still waiting for the guy to tell me whats up. I know its been a loooooong time, but I am hoping that it pays off. What sucks is I am in pretty bad need of some new ones, and he has my OEM new one that I bought so he can make the bushings!

Hang in there, I am dying too.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

hey this is what my custom nolathane bushes turned out like.....
    cost 195NZD though....would have cost 100NZD to replace with OEM.........

Regards,
    Paul

Have you driven on them yet? Increased road noise?
    97 Brabus C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97Brabus
    Have you driven on them yet? Increased road noise?
    wont be able to give an indication till i get it back on the road...,il post as soon as i know though.....

Regards,
    Paul

any update? I need bushings for my car.

In Charge
    Not yet. I've been playing phone tag with this guy for a few weeks now. I'm thinking about bagging my project as it seems near impossible to have a talk with this guy. Still keep your fingers crossed as I try again....
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Bushings

Just to let everyone know, I still do have the polyurethane main bushing for the lower control arms available. I have sold many to now happy club202 members. We are still honoring the club202 member pricing of $60 each.

Please email me if anyone has questions.

Thanks

Tom

Let's see some posts from those members and pics with testimonials. I am personally thinking of ordering custom through Prothane...convince me not to.

Customers of LDP...Post up!!!!!
    97 Brabus C280 Sport

ebay feedback

Here is our ebay feedback link. As you can see we provide more than just Mercedes poly bushings.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

how is this going to pan out? stage 2 suspension upgrades such as these combined with sway bars, camber arms, derlin bushings and heim joints seem like a very nice addition, let me know how this turns out....
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 97Brabus
    Let's see some posts from those members and pics with testimonials. I am personally thinking of ordering custom through Prothane...convince me not to.

Customers of LDP...Post up!!!!!
    i just installed mine, and they fit and look great. I 've driven around for about 20 miles and so far so good. I report back one i drive some more.
    Got BRABUS?

Originally posted by 714guy
    i just installed mine, and they fit and look great. I 've driven around for about 20 miles and so far so good. I report back one i drive some more.
    So did u replace one bushing on each side or did u do both? and if you only replaced one bushing on each side which one on the control are did u replace (Front or rear of the front control arm)?

In Charge
    For the LCA, the bushings consists of 3 bushings. One is the main bushing (as you see in the pics above) and the other is a two-piece set. You will want to replace the main bushing.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    For the LCA, the bushings consists of 3 bushings. One is the main bushing (as you see in the pics above) and the other is a two-piece set. You will want to replace the main bushing.
    So which one is the main bushing? I'm still a lost when it comes to fixing cars.... Is the main bushing closer to the rear of the car or closer to the front? TIA

they sell this for 50 each now, and if you are club202 you should get shipping free, go for this, its a good deal.

***C43***

So you only replace 1 bushing?

Ok so I read all the treads, I understand that LPD sells this kit that includes 1 Bushing, for 1 side of your car. Keep following me, If I were to replace the front left rear bushing and keep the old bushing housed in the front of the A-arm this would be a correct Install?

Assuming that the front bushing was in Excellent condition.

C220 96'
    Thanks for the imputs!

OG Moderator

Re: So you only replace 1 bushing?

Originally posted by Jasonmarosi
    Ok so I read all the treads, I understand that LPD sells this kit that includes 1 Bushing, for 1 side of your car. Keep following me, If I were to replace the front left rear bushing and keep the old bushing housed in the front of the A-arm this would be a correct Install?

Assuming that the front bushing was in Excellent condition.

C220 96'
    Thanks for the imputs!
    yep thats what i did
    Got BRABUS?

so you would need four poly bushings to replace them all? or is it just for front?

***C43***

Well do the LPD Poly Bushings help the steering precision and feel or do they feel like the stock bushings?

Easy to install?
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff