Thread: Problems with Theft in C230

Problems with Theft in C230

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with theft. My car is hard to miss with the lowered suspension and the low profile tires and a nice blue light that says steal me.

Had my stereo stolen 3 times in a year. 3 sets of dual fosgate subs and 1400 watts of power,

Going back to factory stereo or selling my car.

being a installer of alarms for over 13 years usually the thief returns to the sceen of the crime. most of the time its some one who knows you. when you drive your car you have to be aware of the surroundings especially where you live.dont be blasting your system and not expect some one to wonder whats in your car. by the way alarms help too because most will have some type of paging system . but dont be cheap on buying one from ebay . get a good brand and protect your investment. the factory alarm can only do so much , even tho its good for all points of entry but if you dont hear it then you don't know. when you say blue light what do you mean????
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

I have had my passenger mirror come up missing twice. And my neighbor, 202 owner as well, had their ENTIRE passenger mirror taken. The housing, motor, and mirror glass were all removed; very cleanly i might add. So now I'm on the lookout for 202 that has a busted passenger's side mirror. I thinking they keep "loosing" theirs.
    1998 c280 (WHITE)
    Kenwood Excelon KDC- X579 Head
    KAC iP500 Ipod Interface
    2 Kenwood KCF-w3012 1500Watt 12\" Subs
    Sony GTR2002 1200 Watt Amp
    More Mods To Come

Angry fucking thieves

I had my car broken into this past friday at the public transit station, where this is a common occurance. I have a compustar alarm which I have no idea what it was doing at the time. They stole my DVD player, navigation, all my cds. My woodgrain console (surrounding the deck) is cracked and chipped and my dash has indentations from whatever they used. They pryed from the pillar and since the window was tinted it came out in one piece. By the looks of it, it didnt take too much to get in, hence I think its a matter of if they want they will take. Ill post pics later. Insurance will fix and replace everything, but what if?

I honestly dont know what to do now. It hurts knowing it
    could happen again. I will from now on try and avoid leaving my car at that lot.

96 C36 ///AMG

OG Moderator
    >>They stole my DVD player, navigation, all my cds. <<

Around here, you can't leave anything like that in sight at a public parking area and not expect your car to be messed up. You can't even leave a hint that there might be something like that in the car or they will break in just to see if they can find it. No dangling power cords, no mounting brackets, no CD cases, etc. I have thought about upgrading the stereo and also thought about a navigation system but it is pointless if it just puts a "target" on your car. Sucks...
    1999 C230 Kompressor

to avoid this kind of problem is to drive another car instead of your benz if your not going to be around it. i know some casses this is your only car but when i drive to a place like the down town or like to a event center i dont take my benz , we will take my 98 caravan or the wifes car. this way i can assure nothing will happen to it.
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

had some kids smash my window and go straight for the ashtray, they got some chump change, but the window repair was a bitch, luckily nothing was broken other than the window

Originally posted by Logic
    to avoid this kind of problem is to drive another car instead of your benz if your not going to be around it. i know some casses this is your only car but when i drive to a place like the down town or like to a event center i dont take my benz , we will take my 98 caravan or the wifes car. this way i can assure nothing will happen to it.
    +1. it's good to have another shitty car around. where u can park the car overnight and nobody even going to scratch those car or even touch it. hehehe...

Originally posted by Logic
    bwhen you say blue light what do you mean????
    The shop installed a Blue LED on the top of the dash that shines brightly.

I have a compustar alarm which I have no idea what it was doing at the time.
    Actually my alarm is a Compustar which has 2 way paging. I have seen my alarm disarm itself in the middle of the night. Might be a glitch, either way i will see if they will replace the unit.

it's good to have another shitty car around.
    But what is the point of having the Benz if you are going to have to drive the shitty car around? Insurance cost me $1500 per year which is with the highest safe driver discount.