Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cf Hood

Cf Hood

i've seen 'em couple on peoples cars here and when searchin the internet... where do you get them? i havent seen any on ebay.. and i cant find them in like a yahoo search

on a side note... (yes i did search this, actualy both items!) are these smoked clear corners worth it? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT i've read that only bosch will fit correctly and i've seen the fallin out on the freeway story... should i be weary?
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

http://www.eurocreations.net/ might have it
    www.nopi.com has it for sure, i've almost bought it last year, but gave up when I saw it on my friends car, didnt like it.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

OG Moderator
    I think its VIS racing that makes the CF hood for the C-class.. Ive heard it doesnt fit that well.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

yes it is made by VIS.

dosent fit well and has to be propped up with a hood bar instead of the hydralic arms.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Re: Cf Hood

Originally posted by alboogiee
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT i've read that only bosch will fit correctly and i've seen the fallin out on the freeway story... should i be weary?
    I bought my clear corners from them about 2 years ago.
    Absolutely NO problem with the fit & finish.
    Yes, I have a few mods, but they\'re so discrete, my wife hasn\'t noticed them.

2000 C 230 K

Erebuni offers a cf hood, too....

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

does any one offer a more "beefy" or racer type hood in either carbon fiber or non carbon fiber.

I've seen cf hoods on eBay consistantly. Try searching under just "c class."
    \'06 325i: Black Sapphire Metallic w/Terra Leather
    6spd Manual, Sport Package
    Black Grill, OEM Blackline Taillights, Black/White Roundels

Sold:
    \'97 C230: Brilliant Silver w/ Grey MB Tex: Reich Rocket
    Brabus, Vogtland, Bilstein, Bosch, JVC, MTX
    2006 Spring Bash, Lawton, OK: 1st Place Euro Street
    CarDomain Site
    \'88 420SEL: Smoke Silver w/ Red Leather: Big Pimpin\'
    AMG, eXcelon, Fosgate, MTX

is someone trying to get somenes Credit card info here or something??

after clicking on those Ebay links.. then clicking on teh link "list an item like this or buy an item like this"

https://arribada.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eb...Info&fromsyi=1

it starts asking for my Credit card haha,...

Originally posted by alphanumeric
    is someone trying to get somenes Credit card info here or something??

after clicking on those Ebay links.. then clicking on teh link "list an item like this or buy an item like this"

https://arribada.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eb...Info&fromsyi=1

it starts asking for my Credit card haha,...
    Yes, don't do fill it out!

go here thats were i bought mine

i've got bosch clear corner.. fits like a glove

carbon fiber hood = hondas

but if its what you like.. go for it..

:werd:

Sold:
    CarDomain Site

Originally posted by sleek_benzo
    i've got bosch clear corner.. fits like a glove

carbon fiber hood = hondas

but if its what you like.. go for it..
    Carbon Fiber hoods does not mean honda. That means serious weight reduction. The general rule of thumb is, for every 100 lbs you shave, its the equivalent of adding 10whp. I am too looking for an OEM quality carbon fiber hood for my W202. Since my car is Silver, I would want to paint the CF hood to match the color of my car. No one will even know its CF, how is that for Hondas? I want to for weight reduction as carbon fiber weighs a hell of a lot less than steel.
    Uber 202

Originally posted by MikeL
    Carbon Fiber hoods does not mean honda. That means serious weight reduction. The general rule of thumb is, for every 100 lbs you shave, its the equivalent of adding 10whp. I am too looking for an OEM quality carbon fiber hood for my W202. Since my car is Silver, I would want to paint the CF hood to match the color of my car. No one will even know its CF, how is that for Hondas? I want to for weight reduction as carbon fiber weighs a hell of a lot less than steel.
    :werd:
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

To me the look of carbon fiber hood says "rice." On a black or dark grey car it could look good, but the contrast between cf and a lighter color just looks like rice to me. I think an MB is a little classier than that.

Plus, how much weight could you possibly save? The equivilant of 2, 3 horsepower. I doubt you'd notice the difference on the street. If you're tuning the car for the track though, that's a different story.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Sold:
    CarDomain Site

Originally posted by vbrock1137
    To me the look of carbon fiber hood says "rice." On a black or dark grey car it could look good, but the contrast between cf and a lighter color just looks like rice to me. I think an MB is a little classier than that.

Plus, how much weight could you possibly save? The equivilant of 2, 3 horsepower. I doubt you'd notice the difference on the street. If you're tuning the car for the track though, that's a different story.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    my car is black, that is why i am inquiring... also its roughly half the wieght of a stock OEM hood, im guessing **guessing** about 50 pound differnece... well that would make roughly 5 whp, again roughly an equivilent ghetto rigged intake, which im sure some have...about a gain of 5 whp if that... in my opinion... not tryin to start shit
    06 C55 AMG
    09 Murano SL

In Charge
    Lightening up the front end would be really good. For me, my car is so front heavy even though the weight distribution is 53/47. I can feel how the front can have its way when I drive.

I've yet to find a cf hood that meets my standards.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

so this VIS brand sucks? I see them on Ebay for under 500bux!!

I think CF hoods on silver 202's look tight... can someoen find me a picture of one? I thought I saw someone here that had a silver c23k with a CF hood

Did one of you guys ever see the Erebuni cf-hood? What about the quality and fitment? I don't want to buy shit...and I have to pay 1035 Euros (lot more than 1000$) for that hood (includes shipping and packaging), that's expensive. And for that money, I don't want to have a product that doesn't fit. Any experiences?

Alex.

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

Originally posted by alphanumeric
    so this VIS brand sucks? I see them on Ebay for under 500bux!!

I think CF hoods on silver 202's look tight... can someoen find me a picture of one? I thought I saw someone here that had a silver c23k with a CF hood

The owner used to post here or Benzsport long ago. Its not even real, just a CF covering of the original hood, so it actually added weight. I think his name was Jon Pek, and he was a real humble guy

here is his car in some magazine...
    http://www.eurosportiff.com/media/eu...uner_12.02.jpg

Can anybody answer my question please...need information on that erebuni cf-hood! thanks a lot

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

Originally posted by boesewicht
    Can anybody answer my question please...need information on that erebuni cf-hood! thanks a lot
    I dont know of anyone that has used that CF hood, but here in the US, Erebuni is a big joke. They make fake body kits that never fit well, and are of poor quality. My friend's shop wouldnt sell you Erebuni no matter how much you begged b/c they make such crappy products. I dont know why they dont get sued by AMG for making fakes. At any rate, the picture they use is of Jon Pek's car, who did not use a real CF hood and certainly did not and would not use Erebuni products. So they even steal pictures to use.

Oh and from what I have heard of their CF, I guess the weaving is really bad and you can see imperfections in the weaving that stand out. Can you tell I would not recommend them? And man, $750USD is WAY too much!

How about contacting this ebay seller and see if he ships the Vis hood to Germany for you. Its like half the cost of Erebuni...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Thank you very much for the detailed information!

Didn't know that Erebuni is such a "cheap'n'weak-company"...

The main problem is that there's only one dealer in Austria and only one in Germany that deals with bodyparts from america INCLUDING a so called "TÃœV-Teilegutachten" and that document of the TÃœV we need to put on parts on our cars. Without this document, you can't live here in germany. >It's more necessary than air in your tires...<

One of those dealers offers only Erebuni parts, the other offers Erebuni and Wings West parts. And Wings West don't make anything for the W202- So Erebuni is the only alternative.

It would be nice to get that VIS hood from an eBay seller, but it's impossible to drive that here without the TÃœV document.

But thanks a lot!

Alex.

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

From how strict I heard TUV is, I am shocked Erebuni is TUV approved (am I understanding you right?). Anyway, if you just want the look, have someone laminate your OEM metal hood in CF, like the silver W202 in the links that I provided four posts above this one.