Thread: c220d body mod

c220d body mod

Hi all ,

can you first see at the two cars on this thread (also on club202) :
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...?threadid=6021

now my question is

i have a standard c220d , so not a cdi , what do i have to let tune on this car to make it look that way ?

Certainly :

1. tires
    2. sport kit or body kit or something like that ?

what else should be tuned to make it that way (not the motor , just the body) and what would it cost (approximately) ?

one complete C43 bodykit...a set of lowering springs and maybe shocks...a set of rims...done

As for the price: it will end up quite expensive with a genuine C43 kit.

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

C43 GENUINE

WHAT WOULD BE THE PRICE OF THE genuine C43 kit ?
    SOMETHING LIKE 1400$ ??

IS THERE MAYBE A CHEAPER POSSIBILTY THAN THAT ?
    BTW I AM FROM BELGIUM SO I DONT KNOW IF THE PRICE IS THE SAME HERE AS WITH YOU

Re: C43 GENUINE

Originally posted by Flip01
    SOMETHING LIKE 1400$ ??
    BTW I AM FROM BELGIUM SO I DONT KNOW IF THE PRICE IS THE SAME HERE AS WITH YOU
    Not even close...I have had 6 or 7 new C43 kits and sold them for approx 2000 euro each in the past...

I am from the Netherlands btw...so...prices will be pretty much the same for Belgium.

greetingz from california,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

sportive look

ok , but is there maybe another way to give the car a more sportive look ?

rims off course and low springs(i think that is the right name?) but i am talking about something like sport lips
    Maybe there are other , simple , nice looking body kits ?

Cschilderink
    I would recommend just getting new wheels, tires, shocks, and springs. This would dramatically change the look and style of your C220.

You can get cool "17 wheels, nice tires, lowering springs (1.5"), and new shocks for around $2000 USD.

You could also try getting a new grill, mirrors, and window tint.

Re: sportive look

Originally posted by Flip01
    ok , but is there maybe another way to give the car a more sportive look ?

I've found that loading it up with drunk college girls and head out for a night on the town works pretty well. Most people don't even notice I've got a Mercedes...let alone hubcaps.
    2000 C230K
    1998 Prelude Type SH
    1957 300 SL Gullwing
    1953 Porshce Spyder
    1963 Ferrari GT California
    1988 Dodge Reliant \"K\"

They have the C36 AMG body kits on ebay for 600

yeah fake ones..

yeah, but he asked for cheaper kits, not authentic

euro clear coners, s600 grill, tints a trunk spoiler amg monoblocks 18's staggered, shocks ,springs for it to handle flat badge w210 mirrors and if you want now they make c36 lips that go on to your factory bumpers. you could find this on ebay and you will see a huge change!

this is what i was talking about http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...953105835&rd=1

alos you have to paint the grey moldings the same color you car is it looks 100x better!

Does that C36 lip fit on the updated or face lifted w202s? I guess thats 97 or 98-00. I always see a few of those on ebay, but dont want to buy it and find out it wont fit

the best thing to do is email them and ask them that question. if i said yes i will be lieing to you because i dont know. but for $48 you cant go wrong!