Thread: Tail light question

Tail light question

Does anyone has this problem that the tail light bulb burns brighter on one side? My problemm is the driver side running light (#5) on the cluster burns brighter than the one on the passenger side. There are two filaments in the bulb, both filaments burn on the driver side but not on the passenger side. A friend followed me the other night told me the tail light was so bright that she thought I had the brake on, but then she realized that it was only on one side. It is a '96 C280 Sport. I replaced the bulb with one I bought from the dealer and it did not solve the problem, so I don't think I have the wrong bulb. Help.
    87 W124
    95 R129
    96 W202

are u driving with the fog lights on? if so did u pull the light switch two notches. it sounds like you're driving with the rear fog light on. it only lights up the rear drivers side tail light.

Yes, I did. You mean if I pull the knob twice the driver side only will light up? When will the passenger side lights up then?
    87 W124
    95 R129
    96 W202

Never does, only the driver's side does.
    \'06 325i: Black Sapphire Metallic w/Terra Leather
    6spd Manual, Sport Package
    Black Grill, OEM Blackline Taillights, Black/White Roundels

Sold:
    \'97 C230: Brilliant Silver w/ Grey MB Tex: Reich Rocket
    Brabus, Vogtland, Bilstein, Bosch, JVC, MTX
    2006 Spring Bash, Lawton, OK: 1st Place Euro Street
    CarDomain Site
    \'88 420SEL: Smoke Silver w/ Red Leather: Big Pimpin\'
    AMG, eXcelon, Fosgate, MTX

Yea if you pull the knob out twice, you turn on the rear fog light. It only lights up one side bright so people dont think your riding your brakes all the way down the road.