Thread: '99 C280 Body Kit

'99 C280 Body Kit

I'm interested in a body kit of some kind like the Lorinser body kit. This is one that I found on the net that I'm really interested in. So if anyone has any info on where I can get this kit, that would be helpful. Oh Yea, and also, do all the W202 Avantgarde grills come with black trim on the inside? with chrome strips on the outside.. cause I always thought it was completely chrome.

search and you shall find...

i promise.

Welcome to the forums!

It may be a challenge to find a w202 Lorinser Body kit as you may have to find some NOS (new old stock) or buy used.

Some places to start asking around would be:

Sander @
    The Wheel Supply Located in Southern CA
    http://www.thewheelsupply.com/index.jsp

Peter @
    Wheel Experts Located in TX
    http://www.wheelexperts.com/index2.html

It might be a long shot, and possibly more costly but you could also try contacting Lorinser's US distributor, CEC also located in SoCal
    http://www.cecwheels.com/

Of course if any of those contacts leads to a kit...let them know where you got their info

As for the grill, I have never seen one that was all chrome.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

nah, none are all chrome. it's made so that when you see it, the black isn't so noticeable. Maybe that's why you thought they were all chrome..

my neighbor has a lorinser 202...i get jealous everytime i see it...lucky her...
    744 CULT!

Forgive me Lord for what I am about to do....

Though I NEVER recommend Erebuni products, since your chance of finding an authentic Lorinser kit is almost zero, and would be very costly if you did, you might want to check out this copy kit from Erebuni (scroll to bottom)...

http://www.erebuni.net/ge/mercew202.htm

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    Forgive me Lord for what I am about to do....

Though I NEVER recommend Erebuni products, since your chance of finding an authentic Lorinser kit is almost zero, and would be very costly if you did, you might want to check out this copy kit from Erebuni (scroll to bottom)...

http://www.erebuni.net/ge/mercew202.htm
    why is erebuni so bad? my friend has it on his 540i. I admit, we had to do some mods to fit it, but there are no excessive gaps, and it looks good.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

I think you can get the kit anywhere since lorinser didn't stop production for this. I may be wrong, but I know the guys at sp engineering said they can get it if you wanted it. The kit is really expensive so be prepared.

isnt the price of this kit around 4k??...
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

depends which kit you go with, sportline (round fog lights, long metal mesh rear) costs a lot, while standard (square fogs and split rear), which looks much much better on a 202 imo is really about 3k with wing, much cheaper than 5-6k which sportline would cost, and again lorinser is it with style, does not get any better than them, so you pay for it
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

if you could find the cheapest place with it let us know, I was thinking this was going to be a much later mod, but if its 3k or less than that for standard, which would be the one I want, maybe a bit sooner...
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

You can still get the new authentic lorinser...just pay have to sell your kidney for it...

call CEC - they are the NA distributors and they will special order direct from lorinser, but be ready to fork up 4Gs...
    http://www.inzrate.com

Originally posted by c_lee
    You can still get the new authentic lorinser...just pay have to sell your kidney for it...

call CEC - they are the NA distributors and they will special order direct from lorinser, but be ready to fork up 4Gs...
    Calling CEC for the kit or anything is the dumbest thing you can possibly do. They will charge you 100% full MSRP and not give you a break in price what so ever. Call CEC for anything and be prepared to get some lube ready and bend over. They will not discount anything. If you call a distributor, they can get it for you cheaper. It's going to come from CEC as they are the NA distributor, but you'll get a better deal else where.
    Uber 202

yeah thats completely correct, so if anyone wants to get some distros up here I can make a few calls, I am home for a week so I should be able to call around... if it was 3k for all of it or less, well minus muff, here are some part numbers if anyone can get these for 3k or less

Spoiler set "Standard"

• Front bumper
    488 2115

• Foglight kit
    482 0256/57 202

• Side skirts
    488 2113/14

Spoiler set "Standard"
    • Rear bumper
    488 2103

• Rear wing w/third brake light
    488 2121 03

• Rear muffler, stainless steel
    490 0202/03

on another note, does anyone know howthe lorinser muff sounds...

***C43***

Originally posted by Superpnoy
    my neighbor has a lorinser 202...i get jealous everytime i see it...lucky her...
    is it green?

Originally posted by Kswiss
    is it green?
    naw its silver
    744 CULT!

I don't like lorinser kit they look weird,, i rather go with Brabus or Carlsson kit or Wald kit.

Not sure on the import costs for you but you can get that kit from www.matrixcar.de
    Better to try & fail than fail to try

MB ClubUK Forum

My Local Car Club

i havent seen anyone with the Wald kit...
    i am in the LA area.
    is it popular?
    Brilliant Silver
    18\" Brabus Monoblock IV,
    Remus Twin tip exaust,
    H&Rsprings,
    Clear corners,
    Front, side, and rear Brabus badges,
    Carbon Fiber Eyebrows,
    Sony CDX-M850 MP MP3/CD head unit,

Next Mod:
    Rieger front and rear lips,
    HID

If anyone is interested I can get them a lorinser kit with square fogs and the split rear, as well as sides muff rear wing w/3rd light illnodlii@aol.com

***C43***