Thread: Engine stall on 95 C280

Engine stall on 95 C280

Hi all:

I have a problem with the engine which manifests itself without consistency; the engine will stall, at idle or cruising RPMs on the highway, and I cannot get it to turn over after this for at least 1 minute at rest.
    ie. the engine will crank, but not start.

Once I let it sit for a few minutes, it will start right up and I'm on my way.

Sometimes, this won't happen for days - sometimes, it will happen 2-5 times day. I've been lucky so far not to have been stalled in a dangerous situation.

Have replaced spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, and fuel pump relay.

Others have indicated that I check the crank sensor, or the cam referance signal.

Any thoughts?

-thanks.

My freind has the same problem in his 1997 audi A4 but its problay not the same problem. His battery connections just come loose and he has to reconnect them. In may be your alternator or fuel sensor?? I really have no idea but a mechanic would know
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Check your relay w/c is located on the right side of your engine bay. You'll see a relay that got a fuse on top of itand being covered by a clear plastic. If the fuse is blown that could be the cause of your stalling. It cost around $60 and I'm sure one of your relays gone bad on you. It happen to me on my E-class with the same problem. Will stall and give it a rest for like 5 mins. then re start and you're on your way again. But mine cost me almost $2gs. with major tune ups and cleaning all the manifolds and catalytic plus the relay. :bored:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

CKlasse
    Check your DTCs... JRE might be right.. 90% of all problems in Euro cars are in the 'connections & sensors' themselves. They don't reflect mechanical problems.

///sped,

Did you ever resolve your stalling problem? I'm having the same syptoms on my c280.

Thanks