Thread: '99 c280

'99 c280

I got bought a used '99 c280 and it has been great. I want to install a Pioneer avic N1 in it but I have couple of question. I have a becker HU and the speakers on the rear deck are bose (I looked). I tried to find the amp in the trunk but I can't find it. I thought it would be on the driver side behind the liner but it's not there. Is it possible for the '99 to be a bose amp some place else. I also need a VSS (speed sensor) and a back up signal. From what I read, it looks like the speed sensor in the HU plug, does anybody know for sure? Also, can I just pick up the back up signal from the back up light. The forum is great so far, lots of info, so thanks for the help

I dont have a bose system and I am taking a wild guess, but I think the amp is near the left back side of the trunk, screwed to the support type thing for the trunk opening/closing device. Its under the carpet molding.

Re: '99 c280

Originally posted by c280_ep
    I got bought a used '99 c280 and it has been great. I want to install a Pioneer avic N1 in it but I have couple of question. I have a becker HU and the speakers on the rear deck are bose (I looked). I tried to find the amp in the trunk but I can't find it. I thought it would be on the driver side behind the liner but it's not there. Is it possible for the '99 to be a bose amp some place else. I also need a VSS (speed sensor) and a back up signal. From what I read, it looks like the speed sensor in the HU plug, does anybody know for sure? Also, can I just pick up the back up signal from the back up light. The forum is great so far, lots of info, so thanks for the help
    as neema said, the amp is behing the carpeting on the left side of the trunk, next to the power antenna. VSS signal is also plugged into your stock HU, usually the green wire, the memory signal is best to use from the stock units plug, not sure which wire but you can check it with a DMM.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG