Thread: Need urgent help!

Need urgent help!

Hey guys.

My car lost nearly one litre oil during the last 300 miles, but there wasn't any oil-slick under the car! But there have been oils-slicks on my right shoe during the last rides! I don't know where the oil comes from, can't see anything above the accelaration or brake pedal.

Hope anybody can help me.

Alex.

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

have you removed that plastic covering under the engine to make sure it wasnt leaking from the head?

Sean

Do you think it could be the head gasket?

\'96 W202 C220

view homepage

my other rides:

\'89 W124 230E

\'86 W124 200D

yes... im still trying to figure out the oil on the pedals thing... but a lot of times when people are leaking from the head they dont see an oil slick because it collects in the plastic covering beneath the engine and the is flung back along the under-carrage of the car while driving and then burns off... i would check to make sure... the head gasket is a problem on the older 202's

Sean

I know older vehicles had an actual plastic tube filled with oil that measured the oil pressure for the gauge on the dash. My brother's old 85 Dodge had this tube running right up the firewall, over the pedals, and into the guage cluster. I could imagine that getting oil on the pedals if it burst/cracked/etc. However, I can't imagine a 202 using anything other than electronic sensors to detect oil pressure.

Heh, I removed the plastic cover underneath my engine and threw it away years ago. Quite pointless in my book. I've had a slight oil leak down there for quite some time now. It's only slight. It started after I accidently put about a half-quart too much Mobil 1 once. I assumed too much oil just forced itself out somewhere then, and has left a small leak in it's wake. If the leak gets too wild, I'll just set the car on fire.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

lol... well thats one way to fix the head gasket leak! haha

Sean

Bosewicht- that sounds exactly like my problem. I have a slight leak yet see no oil slick. You may have 1) A slight-moderate head gasket leak and/or 2) An oil pan gasket leak (hope for this, its much cheaper to fix)

-sholly