Thread: Broke Oil Filter Cap

Unhappy Broke Oil Filter Cap

So I decided to change my oil today and couldnt find the plastic cup thinngy to loosen the oil filter cap. Went ahead and tried to loosen it by hand and some how cracked it a little bit. Thinking everything was fine filled up oil and started car. Went to check everything and oil was spilling from crack on filter cap.

So can anyone help me on where to get it and if only the dealer has it does anyone have part number? Also now much does this run?
    I dont want to drive my car like this and have more damage so I need one very soon. Thanx for the help.

CKlasse
    The part number is on the cap itself. However, I would go to a local machine shop or steel shop and get yourself a 'stainless steel' cap.

Denver stainless steel wanted to charge me tons of $$ unless I order 10 or more.

hey, check with autozone for a tool to open it with. it looks like a cap and fits over the oil filter cap perfectly and u use a rachet with it. i've been using it for 2 years and never had a problem. u'll see it in the oil filter tools isle. take your old cap with u to match one.
    95 C220 Moonstone/Gray mb-tex
    MODS
    - Replica Avantgarde Grill
    - Flat hood Emblem
    - Plat +4 plugs
    - In Dash Pioneer CD and pioneer speakers
    - XM Radio
    - pioneer 12\" DVC Sub
    - Boss amp
    - Blue headlights & APC signals
    - H&R Springs
    - Bilstein sports up front
    - 17\" MOMO\'s

CKlasse
    ... or you can use your hand!

Did you try Importec? They might have one and will save you a lot of $$$.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

thanx JRE they have it in stock for about $13

OG Moderator
    Kragen/Shucks/Checkers, Autozone, and Pep Boys carry them in different sizes - would probably set you back 6 bucks or so

Originally posted by CKlasse
    ... or you can use your hand!
    you are a strong man

mine is on so tight I can use my hand.

I bought one from one of those mentioned auto places and they do only cost 6bux or so..but finding the correct size is a different story.

the dealer charges 30bux for the correct size. that is if your really out of time or lazy to look for one.

im still stuck w\o one :bored:

I actually bought mine from dealership. They charged $14 and had it there next day. I thought it was going to be like $40 but no got lucky or somethin.