Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: here are some pics with my custom turbo installed.

YOu guys should meet up with a high quality digi cam, and get some tips from kameraguy on how to take professional like pics because the two C55's and the turbo'd C220 are some of the most interesting W202s. Clean up the cars and think out some nice shots! That would be great to see.

Originally posted by jstrat85
    so we are not that far. im in queens. i dont know if you know were the strip(astoria park) its in queens if you want to meet up on a saterday and take some pics let me know. email me at jstrat85@aol.com and we can exchange numbers and try to me up.
    My car is in the body shop.probably won't be ready for another week or two.

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

oh wow, so then we will do something when i come back from my vacation. ill let you guys know when i come back.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
    Excellent job jstrat.Please keep us all posted! Hopefully Slammmed C will look at this.
    LOL.. I see, I see!!
    SO ya think a turbo kit will give me way more hp then a SC would.. I know the Turbo would be more efficient in creating power.

what size of turbo should I be looking at?
    Im interested in something like this.. either larger SC.. or Turbo upgrade!
    I need to crank the BOOST more!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    LOL.. I see, I see!!
    SO ya think a turbo kit will give me way more hp then a SC would.. I know the Turbo would be more efficient in creating power.

Do a search on guys who have turbo charged their cars.There are quite a few guys who have done it on this forum and MBworld.Ask these guys about their apps.

silver 1998 AMG c43 to C55 convert(293whp/307lbft TQ) ,1999 M3,1995 400 whp eagle Talon Tsi AWD,94 BMW 325i to M332i(M3)conversion

hey whats up slammed c, to tell you the truth i like the turbo chargers more than superchargers one reason, bacause its much more easy to get more power out of a turbo than a supercharger. a turbo you just crank up the boost control and your set to go. the turbo that we used in my car is a hks polished 2535 ballbearing turbo. hope this helps you out.

john

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    LOL.. I see, I see!!

I believe Mosselman makes a turbo kit for the SLK230K that works together with the supercharger, in essence twin-charging the car. I am trying to find the pic I have seen but cant rememebr where I saw it. So far, this is the only proof I have, open this link and scroll down to where the shop (in Spain) says they have Mosselman applications for the SLK230K. I presume the SLK230K and C230K share the same engine so that everything should mount up. That would really make you stand out - a turbo and supercharger! Power in high and low end!

http://www.castensdynojet.com/esp2/id43.htm

i have a C 280 and im thinking about doing a turbo... any suggestions?
    this is how my motor looks like:
    1997 C 280
    1984 190D 2.2 5 SPD!!
    1995 E300 Diesel * RIP*
    2003 C230K Coupe...Sold!

Originally posted by Under Pressure
    I believe Mosselman makes a turbo kit for the SLK230K that works together with the supercharger, in essence twin-charging the car. I am trying to find the pic I have seen but cant rememebr where I saw it. So far, this is the only proof I have, open this link and scroll down to where the shop (in Spain) says they have Mosselman applications for the SLK230K. I presume the SLK230K and C230K share the same engine so that everything should mount up. That would really make you stand out - a turbo and supercharger! Power in high and low end!

http://www.castensdynojet.com/esp2/id43.htm
    now thats what I'm talking about !!! try and find more info..
    with out needing special exhaust work that would be amazing...

ready to pee your pantys?
    if you have a manual gear box!

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170...different.html
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

all turbos require an updated exhaust. that certainly has my attention though!

spanish to english translation of the site:
    Here they follow compressing lists of Mosselman for Mercedes, whose energia obtenian it through exhaust gases (turbocompressor). These kits do not need changes within the motor and they are possible to be disassembled in a day (for example by change of vehicle).

All kits comes with ' intercooler', tubes of air painted to the dust, connections in this system with silicone sleeves, tubes of lubrication of I disturb are of Aeroquip. The turbos are of Garrett T26. The exhaust manifold is of smelting with 35% nickel. No doubt the best one of everything! See the examples at the end of this page to obtain an idea on gains verified on power bank. Pair maximo raises about a 40-45% in all ranges of normal operation. Several clients have done more than 350 thousand km in their cars equipped with these kits. A good indicator of its reliability.

List of equipment I disturb available for Mercedes. If it does not see its car in this then table it sees the second table for driven equipment of the centrÃÂ*fugal compressor by means of a pulley and draws out.
    Summary:
    -Bolt on installation (no internal modifications necessary)
    -Garett T26 turbo
    -Intercooler
    -Silicon piping for maximum efficiency
    -Reported over 350,000km reliablilty and still going strong

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    spanish to english translation of the site:

Summary:
    -Bolt on installation (no internal modifications necessary)
    -Garett T26 turbo
    -Intercooler
    -Silicon piping for maximum efficiency
    -Reported over 350,000km reliablilty and still going strong
    http://store.webbmotorsports.com/ind...roducts_id=135
    didnt notice it was for MINI lol.. but still the little car that could!!

just found this crazy auzi site .. Ive never seen so much documented information regarding intake, exhaust, turbos and other really intresting things..
    if you havnt seen this before you will love it! - 100's and 100's of articals for supeing up cars..

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2604/article.html

hah fark it.. and another supprise you can get access to there full articals with out paying.

sigh too bad the mosselman turbo is 6500 plus tax.

Really nice job on the car man!

Have you percision balanced the engine at all?
    Silver 99c230k

*supersprint header(in process)
    *Remus full sound turbo cat-back exhaust(custom)
    *K+N performance filter
    *Avantgard grill

dude... You need to fill me in on what you all needed for that turbo.. I want one soo bad now.. Is that a custom header? Anything to help me get started, my 220 needs a new set of balls... LOL

Originally posted by Markland556
    dude... You need to fill me in on what you all needed for that turbo.. I want one soo bad now.. Is that a custom header? Anything to help me get started, my 220 needs a new set of balls... LOL
    turboing your pride and joy
    STEP 1:
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm - great video
    http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html - great site .. like a turbo system map
    http://www.sdsefi.com/techheader.htm - more goodness
    http://www.mazdarotary.net/turbo.htm
    http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ch_center.html - by far one of the most insightfull!
    http://www.homemadeturbo.com - are we there yet?.. in the first link.. A VERY VALUBE LESSON ON THIS SITE.. I kind of feel sorry for the guy ..but then thats what he gets for not having a IC in the first place, i think for us with our slightly complex beasts we need to rember that having odbII monotoring and tuneing is very important.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_pr...old/index.html

STEP1 in conbination with STEP 0.5 which is constantly seek advise and reasearch research research till your eyes bleed.. then do it some more.. till you start seeing in 4D and dreaming of nothing but air pumps and imagining them hovering next to you on the motorway..

"and when you've done things right no body thinks youve done anything at all"

Well i just need to make a header.. sounds fun.. LOL Then get everything togeather... I want some more pics!!

dang thx ncd those links are really helpful. basically laids out everything.

as long as you realise that the collector, waste gate and turbo need to bolt up together.. and need to fit in the engine bay, what the guy sais about buying a old block to get your measurements perfect is where im worried..

my best plan so far is I'm going to measure the block with a tape measure and find some suitable object(s) to emulate the engine bay .
    finding a old block isnt financially productive here..

Ive yet to look into a turbo / wastegate combination to use ..

can you buy standardized collectors anyone?

also the FMU side of the whole afair has me feeling like it might be complicated, I duno if you got .50 cents 23k.. but It would be apreciated.

I saw a "power boost valve" for a C180 I gues we need something like that for tuneabilty for 1 and higher Fuel Presure all together is needed as I understand it..

T3 SUPER 45 TURBOCHARGER
    STAGE III WHEEL
    45 trim (21lb/min)
    EXCELLENT TURBO FOR ANY MOTOR UNDER 2.5L
    GREAT SPOOLING RATIO
    45 TRIM
    UP TO 25 PSI OF BOOST!!

"Perfect for any 4 cylinder.
    Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Civic, Prelude, Integra, Ford 2.3L Turbo Etc."

any reason why I cant use the above for my charger??

Nice!... I am curious though, Will the transmission be able to handle the added HP/Stress? How many lbs of boost at the moment?

Originally posted by allirroz
    Nice!... I am curious though, Will the transmission be able to handle the added HP/Stress? How many lbs of boost at the moment?
    I cant see that running at boost levels any higher then 10psi would be good for bussiness.. our car are only running on 6psi of boost!.

Ifirc the kleeman pully upgrades give you a peek of 11 psi .. still allot higher then stock.. and the ASP racing 8-9 or something...

and you dont see them installing forged pistons as part of their kits..

the tranny is going to be under presure for sure.. but some guy that built a 510hp turbo 202 shreaded his diff first.. Ill hunt down that url for you its another great site, and about turboing experinces with OUR car...which sliped my mind.

cant express in ascii how helpfull the homemadeturbo.com site has been to me..

totally inlightened me how to deal with with the manifold and awnsered many niggley curiositys, which held me back personally..

this design is my initial candidate that I aim to emulate in my own build..

I love em!

and er what happened to the overboost site?

Originally posted by ncd
    as long as you realise that the collector, waste gate and turbo need to bolt up together.. and need to fit in the engine bay, what the guy sais about buying a old block to get your measurements perfect is where im worried..

my best plan so far is I'm going to measure the block with a tape measure and find some suitable object(s) to emulate the engine bay .
    finding a old block isnt financially productive here..

Ive yet to look into a turbo / wastegate combination to use ..

can you buy standardized collectors anyone?

also the FMU side of the whole afair has me feeling like it might be complicated, I duno if you got .50 cents 23k.. but It would be apreciated.

I saw a "power boost valve" for a C180 I gues we need something like that for tuneabilty for 1 and higher Fuel Presure all together is needed as I understand it..

T3 SUPER 45 TURBOCHARGER
    STAGE III WHEEL
    45 trim (21lb/min)
    EXCELLENT TURBO FOR ANY MOTOR UNDER 2.5L
    GREAT SPOOLING RATIO
    45 TRIM
    UP TO 25 PSI OF BOOST!!

"Perfect for any 4 cylinder.
    Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda Civic, Prelude, Integra, Ford 2.3L Turbo Etc."

any reason why I cant use the above for my charger??
    Hey...missed this!,
    From what iv read and seen matching a compressor/turbine to a engine is just alittle more involved than the one size fits all under 2.5L lol
    there are sooooooo many parts of the system that effect the final outcome including your perspective of a "perfect setup"...
    other factors like Intake restriction,distance above sea level,ambiant air temp,BSFC,volumetric eff@various rpm,IC eff,Max RPM and desired HP all effect the turbine choice...

Garretts site is a great start!...they have formulars to calculate requirements at given RPM etc...which you can then plot on there compressor maps to get a grey idea of the compressors efficiency for your application...once you have established the compressor requirments you can take a shot in the dark for the exhaust turbine housing A/R...this is a fine tuning area...theres usually a choice of 2 maybe 3 sizes...if the car is to be used as a street machine and will not be seeing massive gains keep the A/R smaller for better responce...larger will give you alittle more top end at a cost of low end response.

also stick with the internal wastgate setup...its more compact,less expensive and with the special flanges made these days,they flow very well!

what engine do you have?

By the way...PLEASE do not follow the quality of that ghetto stuff(mostly) on homemadeturbo.com your 202 deserves better LOL

Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by ncd
    cant express in ascii how helpfull the homemadeturbo.com site has been to me..

totally inlightened me how to deal with with the manifold and awnsered many niggley curiositys, which held me back personally..

this design is my initial candidate that I aim to emulate in my own build..

I love em!

and er what happened to the overboost site?
    Intersting design on the header!....i cant think of a car that would fit other than a strip/track car!...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by 23K
    Intersting design on the header!....i cant think of an engine that would fit other than a strip/track car!...
    yeah that header is by far the least ghetto creation from thoses crazy guys on homemadeturbo.com lol.. but so helpfull.. I wish I had spent my youth turboing little disposable hondas