Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally.... I ordered my CRYSTAL CLEAR HEADLAMPS.

Talking Finally.... I ordered my CRYSTAL CLEAR HEADLAMPS.

The first minute I saw them, I bought them. The crystal clear headlamps are finally for sell. My car already has hid headlights, and led taillights. So I'm very happy and can't wait ontil they arrive.

By the way here's the link for the headlamps....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710

Whoa...thats hott.

The garage::.
    C 230 040 Blacked Out
    Mods: 18\" monoblock, koni lowering springs,Debadged,Black headlight inserts,Custom Puddle Lights, Pioneer P6600,Euro Plates,LED interior lighting

coool, be sure to show us lots of pics

What bulbs did you use?

It seems like there are only two bulbs in that housing, where the stock one has 3, at least on the newer cars.

Maybe it uses an H4 hi/lo like the older ones and an H1 fog?

Thanks,

George

OG Moderator
    those headlights from ebay are for the older W202 cars.. the new model updated headlights look slightly different from the back, they have 2 seperate covers for the bulbs... instead of 1 large cover.
    Androulakis: you are correct, the newer style headlights have 3 bulbs where as the older style headlights have 2.

I wonder if he would just sell the lens?!!
    I dont want to put older style headlights in my car!!

But those lights do look really nice.. I will say that.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

those are really nice! i want to see pics as soon as possible!!!!

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    those headlights from ebay are for the older W202 cars.. the new model updated headlights look slightly different from the back, they have 2 seperate covers for the bulbs... instead of 1 large cover.
    Androulakis: you are correct, the newer style headlights have 3 bulbs where as the older style headlights have 2.

I wonder if he would just sell the lens?!!
    I dont want to put older style headlights in my car!!

But those lights do look really nice.. I will say that.
    Yeah I agree... I guess im gonna run H7 hid's in my stock housings. Aim them low and hope for the best.

As far as him selling the lens, I really doubt it because he says that the lens and headlight are one piece, and that the lens is not removeable

I know there are mixed opinions on the HID's but after installing them in several of my friends bmw's I have to have them.

Take care,

George

OG Moderator
    Yeah I agree... I guess im gonna run H7 hid's in my stock housings. Aim them low and hope for the best.
    As far as him selling the lens, I really doubt it because he says that the lens and headlight are one piece, and that the lens is not removeable
    I know there are mixed opinions on the HID's but after installing them in several of my friends bmw's I have to have them.
    Take care,
    George
    I asked the ebay seller.. he said no dissasembly!!
    so Im SOL!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

hey slammed, i doubt the seller fully understands the creative customizing genius of club202 members like yourself. who knows, it could probably be done . . .

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by solodough
    hey slammed, i doubt the seller fully understands the creative customizing genius of club202 members like yourself. who knows, it could probably be done . . .
    lol.. yeh our creative customizing genius! lol.. but he has replied to me again.. he said I could buy a set of the lights and just use the lenses!!.. lol.. he has brought up a good point though.. alhtough I wasnt wanting to buy the headlights.. I have no need for whole headlight! but Im gonna have to think about it.. should I drop the cash on the headlights for the lenses?.. it will save me so much time for me so I dont have to make my own lenses for my bi-xenon projector headlight project.

slammed.. ask him about two buyer?? i'm willing to shove some cash for a summer project..

I have a 97+ headlight that has one of the tabs broken off from an accident and a busted lens. I wouldnt mount it on a car, but it could serve as a good donor if anyone wants to play with it.

Does anyone know if the 94-96 and 97+ headlights use the same wiring harness plugs, i.e. if they are interchangeable on the car.

We should put together a group buy and negotiate a better rate for these. Im sure there are a bunch of people out there who want these.

Take care,

George

I bought another set of headlights from ebay Ebay headlights
    I had already placed my bid before those came out. I don't really see a big difference between the ones I bought and the stock lights. I just needed a new set. I just wish I waited.

Originally posted by loudandheard
    I bought another set of headlights from ebay Ebay headlights
    I had already placed my bid before those came out. I don't really see a big difference between the ones I bought and the stock lights. I just needed a new set. I just wish I waited.
    The difference between the ones you purchased and the stock US headlights is simply the sharper ecode beam pattern cutoff. The glass lens is the same.

Take care,

George

The plastic lense of the crystal clear headlight can be removed, as with all US DOT headlights, the lenses are glued in place, but if you heat your oven to 400 degrees, turn it off, place the headlight in the over for 10 minutes, you will be able to easily pry the lense away from the glue using a large flat blade screw driver.

More how-to's over at www.hidplanet.com/forums
    www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

Lightbulb Just got my headlamps!!!!

OMG, these headlamps rock, i just got them today. I haven't put them on my car yet, since I'm wait for my clear corners, but I know its going to look sick!!! I just notice that the headlamps even has little day running lights, just like the new mercedes. I haven't mounted them and I think there worth ever penny.

Re: Just got my headlamps!!!!

Originally posted by NSXNOS2001
    OMG, these headlamps rock, i just got them today. I haven't put them on my car yet, since I'm wait for my clear corners, but I know its going to look sick!!! I just notice that the headlamps even has little day running lights, just like the new mercedes. I haven't mounted them and I think there worth ever penny.
    What bulb does this headlight utilize?
    does the unit looks new or just the lens?

mANNNNNN just mount them we all wanna see.
    dont keep us in suspense

Pics! We need Pics!

Can we get good front / back images of the headlight? Is it really sealed, or are there clips holding the outer lens on?

Is the outer lens glass or plastic?

Take care,

George

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    those headlights from ebay are for the older W202 cars..
    the fact that these lights look different is due to the fact that these are aftermarket...not because they are pre or post modelupdate.

The lights are meant for ROW cars as they have the vacuum levelling element stuck to the back of them...the inside of the lights look as cheap as that of the 210 projector lights...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Originally posted by MBenzNL

The lights are meant for ROW cars as they have the vacuum levelling element stuck to the back of them...the inside of the lights look as cheap as that of the 210 projector lights...

greetingz,
    Enlighten us Americans, exactly what are ROW cars?

Thanks,

George

Originally posted by Androulakis
    Enlighten us Americans, exactly what are ROW cars?
    Rest Of World

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Still waiting on pics.... you ever get these on?

George

Me too, What's going on???

The lenses are polycarbonate and are glued on, they can be removed if proper softening of the glue is done. The quality of these lights is on par with most all asian made lights, right around depo quality is about what I can say about them. They are reasonably priced.

There are also W202 LED style tail lights that will be coming out at the end of this month.

I am purchasing W220 and W124 lights from the same manufacturer, I wasn't planning on ordering any W202 lights, but if there is enough interest, I can pick up some of these.

Headlights about 250 plus shipping, LED tail lights about 175 (these are estimates, would have to get correct shipping quote)

If there is any interest, let me know, probably will be placing a order next week for my other items.

www.2phast.com
    1993 500E, Signal Rot

OG Moderator
    What happened?.. did anyone ever put the lights on their car?.. I wanna see pics of them installed!!