Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Car Sounds Like Shiot

My Car Sounds Like Shiot

My car when on sounds like a damn diesel. Then when i push the gas it vibrates and still sounds like a diesel with clicking. I know that this happens alot to 202s but what is it?/ How can i fix it??

thanks guys
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

In Charge
    Do you need a new cat converter?
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by Denlasoul
    Do you need a new cat converter?

I think its something to do with the engine. It also feels like power loss. Like it trys to accelerate but then it loses power
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Actually, I have noticed the same thing with my car, besides mine is a 4 cylinder. At first I thought that it might be bad fuel, but that wasn't the case. Then I asked the people at Mercedes if it could be sticky lifters, but they didn't want to entertain that thought. I still believe it to be sticky lifters though. My noise is a ticking noise, is that what yours is? I know I need a new exhaust system, because I have bottomed out a lot of times, but that wouldn't make the engine sound that way. Ever since you have just mentioned this, I just thought that the noise was a normal mercedes 4 cylinder noise. The other thing I would check would be belts, they can make that noise, if they are loose. Also check your pulleys and make sure they are on nice and tight. If those two things don't work, check your fan and make sure that is tight. If all that fails then it is sticky lifters. I hope that helps you out a little bit, let me know!!!
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

CKlasse
    Originally posted by jnolte
    I think its something to do with the engine. It also feels like power loss. Like it trys to accelerate but then it loses power
    Your engine is on the limp mode obviously. If it is persistent each time you started it, you have a hard fault. Take it to the dealership!

Originally posted by CKlasse
    Your engine is on the limp mode obviously. If it is persistent each time you started it, you have a hard fault. Take it to the dealership!

Uh ohhh im scared to take it to the Stealership always ends up with me being BROKE!!!!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

CKlasse
    Uh ohhh im scared to take it to the Stealership always ends up with me being BROKE!!!!
    You are about to become more broke if you keep driving that car on that condition.

take some picts of your car we might be able to find the ticking noise problem
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Re: My Car Sounds Like Shiot

I know that this happens alot to 202s but what is it?/ How can i fix it??

thanks guys [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe on yours but not on my 202 and I totally disagree on your opinion that it happens a lot to W202 if you know how to take care of your car.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Re: Re: My Car Sounds Like Shiot

Originally posted by JRE320
    I know that this happens alot to 202s but what is it?/ How can i fix it??

thanks guys
    Maybe on yours but not on my 202 and I totally disagree on your opinion that it happens a lot to W202 if you know how to take care of your car. [/B][/QUOTE]

WHo said i dont take car of my 202?????????

In many forums i hear of things like this. Clicking noises, Power loss ETC.

even on this forum there has been 3 Threads on this same type of problem...
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

I did not say that you don't take care of your car. What I'm tryin to say is during the early time when you feel or hear something is wrong with your car do you even give a shit about it? Or you just waited till it get's worst like right now? How can you convinced me that you really know how to take care of your car when you don't even know how to replace your headlight bulb.... :bored: Not tryin to flame you or something but you must try to be more careful in constructing your statements here.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by JRE320
    I did not say that you don't take care of your car. What I'm tryin to say is during the early time when you feel or hear something is wrong with your car do you even give a shit about it? Or you just waited till it get's worst like right now? How can you convinced me that you really know how to take care of your car when you don't even know how to replace your headlight bulb.... :bored: Not tryin to flame you or something but you must try to be more careful in constructing your statements here.

I admit i dont know much about W202 im new to benzes. I used to be all about the Acura.

Ne ways what am i suppossed to do. I cant go to the dealership because its problay gunna cost hella money to fix and i have zilch..Zero right now.

So i was looking for suggestions of if i could fix it myself..
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

WE can't just do guessing games when it comes to mechanical.
    One is we don't even see nor hear your engine.
    What causing it or where it's coming from. Reason why others suggest that you bring it in to a dealer to find out what's wrong it.
    It is not easy to tell coz it's all computerized.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

OG Moderator
    I admit i dont know much about W202 im new to benzes. I used to be all about the Acura.

Ne ways what am i suppossed to do. I cant go to the dealership because its problay gunna cost hella money to fix and i have zilch..Zero right now.

So i was looking for suggestions of if i could fix it myself..

I thought you had 2 C36's??!

I'm not much of a clowner, but just wanted to point out that as a supposed owner of a such a vehicle, you have to be prepared to face the costs of ownership. On the flip side, there are many joys of ownership as well. Granted that the dealership costs are never wallet-friendly, you always have the option of independent shops that have Mercedes experience.

I do not know you nor your level of technical expertise and mechanical background, but judging simply from the threads/posts of questions regarding simple DIY things on the car (light bulbs, etc.), I would highly discourage you from trying to "fix it yourself"

Just my humble 2 cents.

OG Moderator
    dude just go to an independent shop, that 's MB knowledgeable. the one i go to is very friendly and honest. I am sure you could find one to your liking in you area. I only go the stealership to buy parts and thats a last resort.

Originally posted by CKlasse
    You are about to become more broke if you keep driving that car on that condition.
    :werd:

Unfortunately driving a Benz is not for the faint of heart. From minor things such as paying for premium gas and synthetic oil, to majors such as ANY kind of repair.....tis the price to pay (literally) to maintain and repair our cars. Better get whatever is messed up fixed now rather than have it cause more problems

Hey JNOLTE, I live in the bellevue area also. My buddy works for Mercedes of Bellevue and he works on my car on the side to make a couple of side dollars. He charges half of what the dealer will charge and I can get you a good price on parts. Email me if you want to get together and see if my buddy can look at your car.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 98_Benzo
    Email me if you want to get together and see if my buddy can look at your car.

And take some long-awaited pics for the appeasement of the general public!!

Now that I think about it, you guys haven't even seen pics of my car yet......BUT, I guess I explained what it look like to a "T" (in my signature)

Originally posted by 98_Benzo
    Now that I think about it, you guys haven't even seen pics of my car yet......BUT, I guess I explained what it look like to a "T" (in my signature)
    So this sounds like a plan to kill three birds with one stone.

1) Hook up with jnolte and have a look at the problem.

2) Officially consider it the first GTG in WA!

3) Take pics of this first GTG and post up your rides in the gallery section!!!

*btw- if you do not have a digital camera, no worries. Nokia told me of this neat Kodak disposeable which gives you regular AND digital pics!!! Should only be like $8 or so

Woohoo!! Sounds like a plan Stan!

No offense jnolte but maybe you should get your Acura back if your that scared to have dealer or stealer look at it-MOE
    98 c43(mine) lots of goodies
    97 c280sport(hers)17 monos only

*btw- if you do not have a digital camera, no worries. Nokia told me of this neat Kodak disposeable which gives you regular AND digital pics!!! Should only be like $8 or so
    Hey that's a great idea!!! I will definitely get pictures of Denlasoul and my car, no garuantee on Jnolte, since he doesn't answer his phone (denlasoul and I were trying to call him last saturday).

OG Moderator
    come on guys, let's try to help this little guy.

JNolte, Since 98 benzo and denlasoul has more knowledge about the car, you can bring your car to them and maybe they could listen and give you advise prior to going to dealership for advise.

Originally posted by pnsji
    come on guys, let's try to help this little guy.

JNolte, Since 98 benzo and denlasoul has more knowledge about the car, you can bring your car to them and maybe they could listen and give you advise prior to going to dealership for advise.
    OMG hell froze over
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Rocky
    OMG hell froze over
    lol

Come on guys, he is like 16 and he really love his car.
    Will somebody go to his house and check out his car?