Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Car Sounds Like Shiot

98Benzo: man, for that kind of hookup, I'd even drive down to get my car serviced. Then we could have an unofficial Pacific NW gtg
    Will, your not that far away, come on down!!!

I am actually going to go over there this weekend, have him pull my door panels off, so I can put new speakers in. Also, have him look at some weird noises on my car. So, if anyone wants, let me know.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

This definitely sounds like one of those problems that needs to be experienced by someone in person. Prefereably a mechanic or someone familiar with MB.

We can theorize all day and still be wrong.

To me, the symptom descriptions sounds exactly like the tranny problems I had. But that's because that's the only problem i've experienced with the same symptom. I don;t doubt a fuel problem or related system could also create a similar symptom.

Definitely have somone look into it asap. It may cost a lot (or not) to fix, but what is guaranteed is the longer you hold off, the more $$$ it'll cost you in the end.

I agree with Kam, you need to get it fixed ASAP.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

Time for me to chime in again ...

1) Timing chain -- not bloody likely. The chain the M104 is pretty rock solid. It does not stretch like the chains in the V8 or V6 cars. The chain will be good for at least 100k, if not 150k miles. I am changing mine out this month, because I have to do the head gasket and I might as well while I have the head off. It doesn't need it, but is cheap insurance.

If you had jumped a tooth on your timing chain, which is possible, but extremely (x 10000) unlikely, you car would barely run, if it at all. A jump in the chain would move the timing forward or back on your cams a minumum of 9 - 12 deg. (not sure of the number of teeth, but 30 - 40 seems reasonable)

2) Transmission -- the 95 - 96 tranny is a bulletproof and not like the sometimes flaky electronic tranny in the 97. I really doubt that is the issue.

3) If your car is dead on a cylinder, which is my belief, than it will not make the proper about of power and the tranny will shift at its normal RPM, but the power won't be there, so it will run and drive like crap.

4) Is your check engine light on?

5) Did you check the coils and wires like I told you too?

~dnm
    1995 C36 AMG

Originally posted by kodiak
    Time for me to chime in again ...

1) Timing chain -- not bloody likely. The chain the M104 is pretty rock solid. It does not stretch like the chains in the V8 or V6 cars. The chain will be good for at least 100k, if not 150k miles. I am changing mine out this month, because I have to do the head gasket and I might as well while I have the head off. It doesn't need it, but is cheap insurance.

If you had jumped a tooth on your timing chain, which is possible, but extremely (x 10000) unlikely, you car would barely run, if it at all. A jump in the chain would move the timing forward or back on your cams a minumum of 9 - 12 deg. (not sure of the number of teeth, but 30 - 40 seems reasonable)

2) Transmission -- the 95 - 96 tranny is a bulletproof and not like the sometimes flaky electronic tranny in the 97. I really doubt that is the issue.

3) If your car is dead on a cylinder, which is my belief, than it will not make the proper about of power and the tranny will shift at its normal RPM, but the power won't be there, so it will run and drive like crap.

4) Is your check engine light on?

5) Did you check the coils and wires like I told you too?

~dnm
    Kodiak thanks for helping me

Umm i went on a diffrent forum and there is this guy that has the exact same problem as i do.

His car boggs down when he floors it and when at idle it sounds like its gunna die.

He had it checked out and its could be

1) ECU
    2) Wire harness
    3) Sparks plugs
    4) dutty fuel injectors

How much is this stuff gunna cost???
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Have fun buying an ECU, those aren't the cheapest of parts. The rest of the stuff is pretty cheap though. I believe I called those things a few messages back:

Well, try throwing some fuel line cleaner in the gas tank and running that through your gas lines. That might help, the problem definitely sounds like a fuel problem. The other thing you might want to try is changing your plugs. See what those few little things do and then get back to me. I am not saying that is going to fix it for sure, but it might help out a little.
    When was the last time you went in for a tune up?

Originally posted by jnolte

1) ECU
    2) Wire harness
    3) Sparks plugs
    4) dutty fuel injectors

How much is this stuff gunna cost??? [/B]
    ECU - maybe around $350
    Wire harness - w/c I already encountered $585
    Spark plugs - $4/ea.
    Fuel injector - fuel injector cleaner around $5

So be ready to face the major part. Wiring harness & Ecu Plus labor is main killer.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Isn't a C36 ECU like impossible to source out?
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

OG Moderator

1) ECU
    2) Wire harness
    3) Sparks plugs
    4) dutty fuel injectors

1. Ecu = Good luck in finding one. If you order from MBUSA, they have to special order it from AMG. And it cost..... an arm and a leg that you don't want to even imagize

2. wire harness goes between $400 - $800 depending on the model.

3. sparks plugs = about $2-$5 each depending on where you go

4. dutty fuel injectors = wtf is this?

In Charge
    98_Benzo

Ask your friend how much will he charge to change my shocks.

PAC NW: We gotta have a GTG soon. Aug 10th there is a MB show and shine in Seattle!
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Kodiak thanks for helping me

Umm i went on a diffrent forum and there is this guy that has the exact same problem as i do.

His car boggs down when he floors it and when at idle it sounds like its gunna die.

He had it checked out and its could be

1) ECU
    2) Wire harness
    3) Sparks plugs
    4) dutty fuel injectors

These items cost a LOT [ECU, Wiring Harne$$$]. But don't worry about these items until you know what your problem is for sure.

So are you having someone check it out in person?! Online troubleshooting on a car we haven't even seen only goes so far. And this isn't a knock on you because I know everyone is dying for pics of your car...I just mean we don't have the chance to really be with your car...well, you know what I mean

Try this link..it might help:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

Ask your friend how much will he charge to change my shocks.
    Get a quote from Mercedes and see how much they will charge and then he will charge however much under them. The only problem with the shock replacement, is the fact that he doesn't have a spring compressor.