Thread: performance help

performance help

hey im new here and I was wondering what are some good performance sites for a 94 c280 b/c i know of none... also how should i go about getting a cold air intake for my c 280 mercedes?

Performance enhancements for a m104? If you have a degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or are a certified master tech crew pit cheif for NASA and ALSO feel like spending insane amounts of money you can add a super charger for about another 20 horses.

Plus you can say bye-bye to everything that makes your car a functioning, reliable Mercedes.

But seriously though. You can get the cold air intake, some exhaust, maybe ECU upgrades and that's about it. I'd say with the 1,500-2,000 you'll spend you might get 20hp total.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

read my sig.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

hey jnenad16 where did you get all that stuff to put on your car and how much did u spend to do it?

the engine, I had several of them lying around the shop, so that cost me nothing. the cold air intake(CAI) I built myself, cost me about $50 for the filter and piping. I built the exhaust mysefl, too, it cost be $300 for 2 high flow catalytics, and $100 for the resonator and rear muffler. those are the major power mods. as for the rest of the things, I didnt spend much on them as I get most of it free or greatly discounted at the SEMA show every year.
    now, for greater HP gains, a supercharger is the way to go. do a search under POWERDYNE, and read my posts on supercharging a 328is and the C280, its virtually the same setup.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

this is one thing i envy a lot of the members here...the ability to built stuff...if nething breaks down or i need something no matter how small it is i always have to go get robbed by the dealership..or a mod shop...damn i hate this
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

its not what you know its who you know
    Abuimad you need to meet some more people, haha just jokes man
    and Sulaco i think the m104 has a bit more potential than the virtually none you described
    -Logan-

well most ppl here who buy the benzez dont go for modifications with the exception of few, all they do is add a body kit, and big ass rimms...but i want to go more....and i was raised with japaneese cars, (all kinds of honda u can dream of) so a benz is something new to me...and modifing it is like chineese to me...but live and learn
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

yea, i was just stirring :-)
    yea doing anything to a benz is a mission
    compared to japas where performance parts are a dime a dozen and every one knows what there doing! but when it comes to a benz very few ppl have experience in comparison
    -Logan-

so pretty much i have to get everything made for me or make it my self huh. that sucks well i just ordered this air intake from otto R (cheap) but imma just see what it'll do im kinda low on the budgeting for right now. but thank you all.

Also i was wondering what websites or where i could order a grille and some euro lights for the benz and maybe some white face gauges for the speedo. and things like that would be much help.

well i would start with googling what u want, thats what i did