Thread: Gucci ?

rollinrealbig

Gucci ?

any one have a custom interior done like gucci LV burberry or sumthing like those ?

In Charge
    You should have done the whole thing, not just bits of the trim.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

i remember that during teh first week of me joinging the forum there was a member here selling his set of layered interior. i don't remember what brand that was but he's got it on the seats as well.

there was a guy who had them on the sides of the head rests, and it looked veery nice, personaly i would go burberry all tha way
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

I think it looks really good I'm a fashion design major and I really think that it was done well. If the whole thing was Gucci it would lose the Couture effect. When you design you have to remember that simipicity not complexity. Haha that whole thing sounds really gay but thats how we re thaught!! Also you should think about doing the headliner or at least a think strip down the headliner from the front to the back with the with about as think as the moonroof!! this would add lines and form to the design!!!

In Charge
    Originally posted by MYMBZZL
    I think it looks really good I'm a fashion design major and I really think that it was done well. If the whole thing was Gucci it would lose the Couture effect. When you design you have to remember that simipicity not complexity. Haha that whole thing sounds really gay but thats how we re thaught!!
    I disagree. IMHO, it looks half-assed. Not that it is not done well (quality-wise), but all the breaks in the Gucci fabric does not seem to mesh well. It would look better if the headliner, A/B/C pillars were done and thats it. Maybe sone inserts on the seats (though I'm not too big a fan on that).
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

rollinrealbig
    yea i i like it where you have trim done not your entire dash Gucci - i dont like some cars where its over done.

i did the whole thing myself, and i was going to do the seats but im worried about screwing up and the seats can be expensive.

I do have the material to do the seats, like the center line inserts, but im thinking on that one. the color matched very well!

thanks guys! ... and i thought i was crazy for doing this ... LoL

I don't know, I can't ever recall seeing any couture pieces bathed in the house brand logo...

Personally, I think that brand logos are a crutch to true expression. There are so many more materials out there that would give it a luxurious look without resorting to mass market pandering. Maybe someone would be innovative enough to find that right combo.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    I don't know, I can't ever recall seeing any couture pieces bathed in the house brand logo...

Personally, I think that brand logos are a crutch to true expression. There are so many more materials out there that would give it a luxurious look without resorting to mass market pandering. Maybe someone would be innovative enough to find that right combo.
    :werd:
    I can not lose, because even in defeat there is a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by Renn 208

yea ok but can you translate that in english ? .. i have no idea what u just said LoL

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    yea ok but can you translate that in english ? .. i have no idea what u just said LoL
    problay why you got red gucci on your sub box..
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

rollinrealbig
    ohh, i had it there cuz it matched the xplod subs i had,

but the whole thing is gone and sold - the 3 10''s the amp and the gucci red box .

so 4get i ever had that. by the way - the custom fiberglass box im making is partially sanded down - i have to say sanding is the hardest part, it takes for ever and i have to always perfect the holes i missed with body filler. and the smell EeEewWwWw

ill have pictures soon.

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    sure. the gucci, LV, burberry etc. logo interior thing is played out and done like dub+ spinners on H2s. Find something else, and you'll get real props.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

rollinrealbig
    Hmmm ... well im keeping my gucci there.

i like it the way it is maybe just add more on the seats but no more.

spinners - never liked them, look ugly, especially when ppl buy fake ones that stick out the side.

as for my rims, i want to buy some OZ's 18''s.

no worries...I know everyone's got their own way of doing things, and a person should never just bend becuase some person on a forum says to...

search. think. do. post.

I agree with Renn 208 he makes really good points. But again all ppl have different styles, personal touches are really up the persons own ideas and how they want to present the car!!!

I have LV Interior

96 C220

Ive seen Rollin's Gucci interior in person and I have to say that the pictures dont do the job justice.... In person the job looks much more finished, and the color match is almost dead on- the flash in the pictures he has brought out the darker undertones in the Gucci fabric making them look considerably darker than the OE upholstery. He did a great job.

That said, I wil agree with some of you that perhaps the Gucci/Burberry/etc.. thing is played out a bit... reminds me of MTV's pimp my ride in some applications. There is a Fabric store in San Francisco called Britex, which houses thousands of fabrics from burlap to super fine, high thread count fabrics all within 4 floors! Its INSANE!!!! Every time I go in there (which isnt often anymore- used to have a fashion design major housemate) my mind reels with the endless possibilities of automotive custom upholstery ideas..
    1996.5 C280 Sport - Special Order Beryll Blue/Parchment
    1984 300D Turbodiesel - Orient Red/Palomino Tex
    1993 Volvo 244 - Sky Blue Met./Blue
    1985 Volvo 245 Turbo - Rosewood Met./Tan

http://www.cbs.nu/
    http://www.fieri.org/
    http://www.fabprefab.com/

hmm... i need to pay a visit to one of these fabric places then. always wanted to look at some alternatives for headliners.

edit:just noticed. rollin's got a little flag on the rear view mirror

rollinrealbig
    actually, the car with the flag in the mirror isnt mine. LoL

I have a Gucci interior, and the other 202 has a LV interior.

thanks Nate! but Im going to still do more touch ups on it when im not lazy LoL color does match very well which i like, but I need to redo some areas (tight corners) to make it look much better.

also the seats as well - not too much tho!

rollinrealbig
    hey Nate - does that store have vinyls ? I need dark brown for another idea I have for my interior, also I need black as well for the trunk. let me know so I can get myself down there and take a look.

Im almost 99.9 percent sure they do, but I would give them a call to double check. I am going to be in that area next weekend, so if I have a chance I'll drop in and look around, take note of fabrics worthy for car projects etc.

rollinrealbig
    cool thanks! let me know!

You can get All the fabric here--

www.Fabricking.com

They specialize and have all vinyls and laminated fabric too