Thread: 1996 C220 Tail-lights question

1996 C220 Tail-lights question

Ok, so I guess I am just absent minded, but when only the tail lights are on (no brakes) are just the lower sections (below the backups) supposed to be on, or should the upper sections also be lit? I can't remember as I really never look at the rear lights but on mine only the lowers are on with the headlights only, and with brakes both sections fully lit brightly. This has been bugging me for about a week - when I had it running outside the other night to warm up and noticed it, then tonight I think I saw another 202 with all 4 sections lit up cruising, so now I am wondering if I have 2 sections out. I have no lamp burned out indicator lights lit up on the cluster, but I don't know if my C220 even does that for taillights?? I was hoping someone could tell me so I don't have to go out and remove the taillights to look as it is rainy and very cold here tonight.
    \'96 C220
    \'01 ML-430
    \'05 Lexus RX330

bottom below reverse lights are on with headlights. The tops go on when you depress the brake peddle
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

Alright. That's what mine are doing so I guess they are fine. I swear I saw another W202 tonight just driving down the road with all of them lit up. Maybe it was a Nissan. Thanks!
    \'96 C220
    \'01 ML-430
    \'05 Lexus RX330

its pretty easy to spot a W202 at night when the lights are on... even with the brake on.

If your close and have good eyesight.
    1997 C280 Sport

theres a guy around my area who rigged his bottoms to light up as brakelights too. the upper part (above revers/signal) was colormatched silver. made the rear look like a 124.