Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: supercharger toasted!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    you can tell her you just spent a cool 500 to make sure you see her!she will be pleased!...hope you didnt go to expensive with the anniversary present!
    lol.. yeh I can do that!!.....
    Paul, I ahve a huge favour to ask you man.. when I removed my clutch form my supercharger when it let go it ended up destroying the nose cone of the supercharger where the circlip goes to hold the pulley in place.. Ill post up a pic later.. Im at work right now.. FREAKING OUT!!! but are you willing to send me your front cover of your supercharger?.. and send it the to me the fastest service they offer!! over night or couple day service.
    PLEASE.. please.. pweeety please?!!
    Ill owe you a huge favour man.
    let me know if ya can.. and Ill send you my address....
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    lol.. yeh I can do that!!.....
    Paul, I ahve a huge favour to ask you man.. when I removed my clutch form my supercharger when it let go it ended up destroying the nose cone of the supercharger where the circlip goes to hold the pulley in place.. Ill post up a pic later.. Im at work right now.. FREAKING OUT!!! but are you willing to send me your front cover of your supercharger?.. and send it the to me the fastest service they offer!! over night or couple day service.
    PLEASE.. please.. pweeety please?!!
    Ill owe you a huge favour man.
    let me know if ya can.. and Ill send you my address....
    LOL oh no damn things are sounding expensive now!!!
    if its damaged where the Circlip goes you must be after the drive shaft that connects to the gears?....if so it is also pressed onto the SC lobes...and mine are damaged.
    is there any way you can get the pully spinning on the SC and run without boost for a while?,you would need to pull the plug on your bypass for it to work.
    get us a pic man!
    from what you said its sounding like a new SC on the horizon lol

priority Mail through Fedex might be around 150CAD and two-three day delivery.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

the more and more i read this, the more it looks like you're headed towards a motor swap lol. sorry to hear so many things are going downhill, man!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    LOL oh no damn things are sounding expensive now!!!
    if its damaged where the Circlip goes you must be after the drive shaft that connects to the gears?....if so it is also pressed onto the SC lobes...and mine are damaged.
    is there any way you can get the pully spinning on the SC and run without boost for a while?,you would need to pull the plug on your bypass for it to work.
    get us a pic man!
    from what you said its sounding like a new SC on the horizon lol

priority Mail through Fedex might be around 150CAD and two-three day delivery.
    I know.. this is definetly sounding expensive!!...
    no its not the drive chaft that connects the gears.. its actually part of the housing.. the front cover of the supercharger.. Ill post up some pics later tonight.
    but as it is right now.. the new clutch wont go onto the supercharger since the part of the nose cone is missing!... well at least I think thats all thats broken!
    lol.. trust me man.. $150 for priority shipping from NZ is hella cheaper then buing a new charger from the dealer!!
    Ill post up some pics when I can.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
    the more and more i read this, the more it looks like you're headed towards a motor swap lol. sorry to hear so many things are going downhill, man!
    If only I could find a wreked E55!!.. and trust me I would do it!...
    thanks man.. all will be fixed soon.

I know.. this is definetly sounding expensive!!...
    no its not the drive chaft that connects the gears.. its actually part of the housing.. the front cover of the supercharger.. Ill post up some pics later tonight.
    but as it is right now.. the new clutch wont go onto the supercharger since the part of the nose cone is missing!... well at least I think thats all thats broken!
    lol.. trust me man.. $150 for priority shipping from NZ is hella cheaper then buing a new charger from the dealer!!
    Ill post up some pics when I can.
    ahh,i think i know what part your after...Its the 12V coil iv posted below???...its held on with four star shape screws...
    if so are you still after the front clutch disc as well?

Heres the kit i was planning to send...

Ok,I just got a price from NZpost,they said the fastest thay could send it would be 2-4 working days via airmail,it would cost exactly 100NZD(78CAD),as it is friday here it wont be shipped out until monday so it will be mid next week before you recieve it...

the other option is Fedex...which will be sent today,and the guy told me would be delivered to you on monday(your monday i think)as long as there is no customs delays...which will cost 220NZD(171CAD).

Both prices will be slightly cheaper if i dont send the whole kit.

if you really need the car going before i can get these parts to you i would take the 12V coil out,then slide on the pully with circlip,then disconnect the VDO bypass wires and run N/A...just dont push the engine RPM to high...
    though i just realised your bypass is in the engine bay...I guess it would work fine as long as ambiant temps were cool...

LOL ok i think iv got it.... once i got home and had a look at the SC iv now decided this must be what your after?
    i guess also that if this is damaged you wont be able to run the N/A system i mentioned above...

it would most likely be alot cheaper to ship given its so lite!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    LOL ok i think iv got it.... once i got home and had a look at the SC iv now decided this must be what your after?
    i guess also that if this is damaged you wont be able to run the N/A system i mentioned above...

it would most likely be alot cheaper to ship given its so lite!
    YES.. this is the piece I need...
    send it to me the fastest way possible!!.. I need it asap!
    if you dont mind parting with it that is..
    youre a life saver man..
    Ill post pics up of what happened to my SC.. just give me a sec....

YES.. this is the piece I need...
    send it to me the fastest way possible!!.. I need it asap!
    if you dont mind parting with it that is..
    youre a life saver man..
    Ill post pics up of what happened to my SC.. just give me a sec....
    Yip,i will ship it out tommorrow morning,as its currently 1823 friday here!.Are you just after the cast part on its own?
    do you want to go with fedex?,or would you like to pay less but wait another day or so?...

PM me your address on the club if you like!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Yip,i will ship it out tommorrow morning,as its currently 1823 friday here!.Are you just after the cast part on it own?
    do you want to go with fedex?,or would you like to pay less but wait another day or so?...
    Yeh man.. thats the only part I need.. the SC front cover.... mine looks like this....

Ship it fed ex.. the fastest way possible man.. I dont mind paying the extra.. Ill PM you my address..

LOL it did get a hard time!,yip will ship it ASAP.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    LOL it did get a hard time!,yip will ship it ASAP.
    lol.. no kidding huh!!
    you have a PM!....

lol.. no kidding huh!!
    you have a PM!....
    im not sure how it did that much damage!...the centre of the clutch part must have slid down the spline and munched it!!...

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    im not sure how it did that much damage!...the centre of the clutch part must have slid down the spline and munched it!!...
    I know.. I dont even know how it would do that much damage!!... I will take more pics of all the destoyed pieces when I have a chance tomorrow.
    when I was driving home.. it got really really loud with grinding noises and such.. then all of a sudden it went dead silent!! I knew something had gone wrong at that point!.. then I heard the clutch fly apart and the belt broke off.. then my battery light on my dash came on!

MB should consider us and put a small symbol of an exploding SC in there cluster

so i guess you need a new belt too!!,if so i would have chucked mine in box but its alittle old!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    MB should consider us and put a small symbol of an exploding SC in there cluster
    LMAO.. stupid mercedes not considering us!!!

well bed time for me man.. thanks again for the part.. you are a life saver.
    I will let you know when I get it.... hopefully monday!

LMAO.. stupid mercedes not considering us!!!

well bed time for me man.. thanks again for the part.. you are a life saver.
    I will let you know when I get it.... hopefully monday!
    all good!,the part maybe there tuesday as i hoped to ship today when i asked the fedex guy...but fingers crossed it gets there monday!...Goodnight!

hey i was just think'n...any steel metal parts that broke off would have been pulled into the centre of the SC clutch due to the magnetic coil being on...thus munching everything!...well thats my thoery anyhow

Hey Paul you are really a life saver and a good friend for all of us.

I hope Slammed C will solve as soon the problem!

This is a great forum!!

Marco

looks like a moose just reached in and grabbed a bite. you have those in canada, right?

23k, you pretty much rock. I don't know any of my friends who would just drop a part in the mail as soon as they could.

23K YOU ROCK MANG!!!

In my book you're alright!!!

Keep on rockin man.

Oh and SLAMMED_C sorry to hear bout your
    mishap but hopefully you'll be able to fix your S/C with
    23K's help.

Good luck.

Hey thanks for the support guys!...its great just to be able to help out!.

it has been an interesting morning,but we'll start with some "off topic" from last night just after i mowed the lawn,i went back to pull out some weeds and kicked a rock in the garden....(no laughing at my feet,they dont see the sun much lol)
    although this doesnt look to bad...i took pain killers last night to help sleep!...walking and driving is also a BIG problem...im not sure if there broken...i cant move them so its not to good LOL..

Anyhow i rang fedex this morning...they said they would provide the box at no extra charge,so off i went to the airport,arrived at fedex...turns out they give the box...but not the soft packaging!,Damn i didnt bring my ID to get into my work at the airport...so went back home to get...when i got to work...i found out someone had locked the packing room...and as usual nobody
    knew the number.....after packing and 80kms of driving i finally got back to fedex before they closed at 11
    it turns out that if i had have known which part 2 hours earlier yesturday(friday) you would have had it on your door step monday....
    but as its a public holiday here on monday it will be shipped tuesday and will need to be signed buy someone at your house on your wednesday...sorry its the fastest it can get there!,hope it doesnt cause to much hassel(even though i guess it will)
    so next time i send you stuff i will know it inside out
    it worked out being quit cheap...I'll PM you cost etc

Paul

its not often that people take pics of there feet and post them lol (i guess its not often people get out of there way to help people they never met... nice going 23K and good luck slammed C)
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202