Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: supercharger toasted!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Hey thanks for the support guys!...its great just to be able to help out!.

it has been an interesting morning,but we'll start with some "off topic" from last night just after i mowed the lawn,i went back to pull out some weeds and kicked a rock in the garden....(no laughing at my feet,they dont see the sun much lol)
    although this doesnt look to bad...i took pain killers last night to help sleep!...walking and driving is also a BIG problem...im not sure if there broken...i cant move them so its not to good LOL..

Anyhow i rang fedex this morning...they said they would provide the box at no extra charge,so off i went to the airport,arrived at fedex...turns out they give the box...but not the soft packaging!,Damn i didnt bring my ID to get into my work at the airport...so went back home to get...when i got to work...i found out someone had locked the packing room...and as usual nobody
    knew the number.....after packing and 80kms of driving i finally got back to fedex before they closed at 11
    it turns out that if i had have known which part 2 hours earlier yesturday(friday) you would have had it on your door step monday....
    but as its a public holiday here on monday it will be shipped tuesday and will need to be signed buy someone at your house on your wednesday...sorry its the fastest it can get there!,hope it doesnt cause to much hassel(even though i guess it will)
    so next time i send you stuff i will know it inside out
    it worked out being quit cheap...I'll PM you cost etc

Paul
    For sure.. Paul you a great friend.
    its nice to know there are people put there that would do anything for ya if they can.
    ya ever need anything let me know bro.

Man that sucks about your foot!.. I hope you got it checked out. looks kinda sore!
    thank you for all your troubles man.. it means a lot to me.
    I cant believe all the trouble you had to go through to get the part shipped!
    thats okay if it gets to me by wednesday.. I actually have the day off.. so it works out kinda!
    Im going to a concert with my girlfriend later that night.. We were going to spend the whole daytogether. We still can as long as it gets delivered early!! but even still I will have to fix my car before I can do anything.. I dont want to borrow my gf's car for too much longer!
    so hopefully it will be delivered wednesday.. I can go to work, fix my supercharger.. come back home and install my SC in my can.. be driving by either late morning.. or early afternoon.
    man it sucks not having my own car!! I love my W202!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by Abuimad
    its not often that people take pics of there feet and post them lol
    hey thanks....LOL yeh i was alittle random this morning...
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    For sure.. Paul you a great friend.
    its nice to know there are people put there that would do anything for ya if they can.
    ya ever need anything let me know bro.

Man that sucks about your foot!.. I hope you got it checked out. looks kinda sore!
    thank you for all your troubles man.. it means a lot to me.
    I cant believe all the trouble you had to go through to get the part shipped!
    thats okay if it gets to me by wednesday.. I actually have the day off.. so it works out kinda!
    Im going to a concert with my girlfriend later that night.. We were going to spend the whole daytogether. We still can as long as it gets delivered early!! but even still I will have to fix my car before I can do anything.. I dont want to borrow my gf's car for too much longer!
    so hopefully it will be delivered wednesday.. I can go to work, fix my supercharger.. come back home and install my SC in my can.. be driving by either late morning.. or early afternoon.
    hey no worries at all mang!!...it was no trouble really...it was just one of those mornings where nothing goes smoothly( lol i have them more often than not)...
    every time iv had fedex parcels turn up its usually around 9-9.30 in the morning...so you should be ok!
    sounds like wednesday's gonna be tight,hope it goes well!!
    let us no how it goes...and also be weary of that seal around the shaft when you take your cover off/put new one on

anything to keep the 202 rolling man!!!...
    wish i had mine back!!...its still in the fabrication shop(2 weeks now)...the guy doing it has been off sick....so hopfully by next weekend i should have some nice pics of the new exhaust manifold!!!,im way excited!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    hey no worries at all mang!!...it was no trouble really...it was just one of those mornings where nothing goes smoothly( lol i have them more often than not)...
    every time iv had fedex parcels turn up its usually around 9-9.30 in the morning...so you should be ok!
    sounds like wednesday's gonna be tight,hope it goes well!!
    let us no how it goes...and also be weary of that seal around the shaft when you take your cover off/put new one on
    it still sounds like a lot of trouble man.. yeh Im sure we all have mornings like them!!
    well that sounds good.. that gives me enough time to get to work.. put my supercharger together.. and get back home and install it.. so I can hope to be done for later morning.. or really early afternoon. should work out great.
    I will let everyone know how things go.
    does the dealer sell that seal seperatly?
    I will have to check on monday.
    Im also getting new supercharger oil too.. can you bellieve the stuff costs $62 a bottle!!!
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    anything to keep the 202 rolling man!!!...
    wish i had mine back!!...its still in the fabrication shop(2 weeks now)...the guy doing it has been off sick....so hopfully by next weekend i should have some nice pics of the new exhaust manifold!!!,im way excited!
    thanks! gotta keep the W202 rollin deep!
    SKEET SKEET!!.. nice mang.. get some pics! gotta see pics of that manifold.. so when ya get the manifold how long do ya think it will be until you get the car on the road again?.. how much is left to do?

it still sounds like a lot of trouble man.. yeh Im sure we all have mornings like them!!
    well that sounds good.. that gives me enough time to get to work.. put my supercharger together.. and get back home and install it.. so I can hope to be done for later morning.. or really early afternoon. should work out great.
    I will let everyone know how things go.
    does the dealer sell that seal seperatly?
    I will have to check on monday.
    Im also getting new supercharger oil too.. can you bellieve the stuff costs $62 a bottle!!!
    $62...really!!!.....well i guess it doesnt get replaced very often so its low stock high price?...
    i just tipped mine into a cup and reused it last time..man that stuff smells!!!
    im not sure if the seal is sold seperately,the one i sent you seems to be in good condition,it never leaked(and i have removed it once before)
    you will most likely need gasket silicon to seal the cover up again too!...

thanks! gotta keep the W202 rollin deep!
    SKEET SKEET!!.. nice mang.. get some pics! gotta see pics of that manifold.. so when ya get the manifold how long do ya think it will be until you get the car on the road again?.. how much is left to do?
    yeh will definatly have to do a big write up on the project when complete!...
    the project has gone waaay over budget,more so than i ever imagined!!so maybe another month or so(its been a month or so for the last 6 lol) until some results start to show...theres still intake and water/oil lines plus ceramic coating and exhaust wrap and a hole heap of small critical stuff...then dyno!.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    $62...really!!!.....well i guess it doesnt get replaced very often so its low stock high price?...
    i just tipped mine into a cup and reused it last time..man that stuff smells!!!
    im not sure if the seal is sold seperately,the one i sent you seems to be in good condition,it never leaked(and i have removed it once before)
    you will most likely need gasket silicon to seal the cover up again too!...
    yeh.. I asnt too suprised when I was told the price though.. it seems any special oils are expensive!!.. I guess low demand.. high price.
    generally no one is going to replace the Kompressor oil in their supercharger... well except someone like me!!
    Ive saved mine so far.. and yes it does smell .. damn does it ever!
    but I might as well splurge for the new oil while I have it apart.
    yeh I should probably seal the front cover.. I have some good sealant for that.

lol.. its gone way over budget huh!!.. like WAAAAAY more over budget.. or just a lil bit!?
    I should hope you will do a big write up on the whole install!!
    cant wait to see what it all looks like!..
    yeh.. gonna need dyno fo sho!

lol.. its gone way over budget huh!!.. like WAAAAAY more over budget.. or just a lil bit!?
    I should hope you will do a big write up on the whole install!!
    cant wait to see what it all looks like!..
    yeh.. gonna need dyno fo sho!
    well...the scope of the project was to install defi gear,N/A system and complete turbo system including electronic boost control...
    to date it has cost 5900,i was planning on 7K...looks like it will exceed 10K easily LOL as the manifold and new exhaust is set to top 3K easily....it always happens...i just dont learn

oh man, i know about toe problems. In august, right before soccer season, I sprained my left big toe by stepping sideways on a rug and twisting the toe almost straight sideays. It hurt like a bitch, but i still played on it, thus, it never healed, and i've developed Metatarsalitis. It used to hurt when i just stepped off of the foot, now it hurts all the time. human bodies need to come with warranties. you have any spare metatarsals you can ship out for <100USD?

Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
    oh man, i know about toe problems. In august, right before soccer season, I sprained my left big toe by stepping sideways on a rug and twisting the toe almost straight sideays. It hurt like a bitch, but i still played on it, thus, it never healed, and i've developed Metatarsalitis. It used to hurt when i just stepped off of the foot, now it hurts all the time. human bodies need to come with warranties. you have any spare metatarsals you can ship out for <100USD?
    sounds sore man,Iv never heard of Metatarsalitis?,i cant pronounce it either lol...
    i'll ship my swollen foot and purple toes for free though

I'd never heard about it until the nurse practitioner told me i had it. i thought she was stuttering when she said it. hurts like a bitch, but probably doesn't throb as much as your tootsies. i've got a swollen toe, so i'll pass on your offer

OG Moderator
    Well here is the carnage in full detail!!.....

Here is a comparison to the old clutch and new clutch...

The old and new friction plate....

The old and new coil...

Part Numbers:
    -Clutch assembly (with coil and friction plate): A111 097 01 28
    -Supercharger oil: 000 989 62 01

and you still have no idea what caused this annihilation? those new parts look nice and shiney, what ended up being the final tab on all the replacement parts?

sidenote: while practicing for indoor soccer, i took a hard shot off my right big toe (i'm a goalkeeper) and jammed it. i now have no functioning big toes. donations welcome.

lol damn...very messy...
    there was alot off friction....things got very hot!...
    do you think the bearing may have been the intial cause due to the pully kit speed???

it looks like the bearing started to seiz/run dry and the inner race spun on the housing...causing all to melt

Paul my best wishes for your fingers!
    Take care

Marco

OG Moderator
    and you still have no idea what caused this annihilation? those new parts look nice and shiney, what ended up being the final tab on all the replacement parts?

sidenote: while practicing for indoor soccer, i took a hard shot off my right big toe (i'm a goalkeeper) and jammed it. i now have no functioning big toes. donations welcome.
    Oh I know what caused it!!.. there was too much play in the clutch.. eventually overheated and seized.. blowing it apart!
    well I think Im looking at under $500 to fix it all... without 23K's help I would have had to buy a whole new supercharger.. that alone is like $2000!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    lol damn...very messy...
    there was alot off friction....things got very hot!...
    do you think the bearing may have been the intial cause due to the pully kit speed???

it looks like the bearing started to seiz/run dry and the inner race spun on the housing...causing all to melt
    Oh there was lots of friction!!!! LOTS!
    for sure it was either the clutch itself.. or coil that overheated and ended up melting.. propbalby jamming things up and causing things to seize up.
    man Im so pissed!!.. fex ex tried to deliver this morning!! but I missed it. I was in the shower.. I wasnt expecting for it to be delivered today!!
    DAMMIT!.... but I will have it for tomorrow I guess...

Originally posted by 1998K
    Paul my best wishes for your fingers!
    Take care

Marco
    hey thanks marco...it was my toes

Oh there was lots of friction!!!! LOTS!
    for sure it was either the clutch itself.. or coil that overheated and ended up melting.. propbalby jamming things up and causing things to seize up.
    man Im so pissed!!.. fex ex tried to deliver this morning!! but I missed it. I was in the shower.. I wasnt expecting for it to be delivered today!!
    DAMMIT!.... but I will have it for tomorrow I guess...
    haaha im sure they wait until they hear the water running...iv missed fedex twice from being in the shower

damn that was quik!!!...if you call your local fedex branch they will tell you where you can pick it up,just take that "attempted delivery" card and some ID...

hmmm time to take a break from soccer before you loose hand funtion

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    haaha im sure they wait until they hear the water running...iv missed fedex twice from being in the shower

damn that was quik!!!...if you call your local fedex branch they will tell you where you can pick it up,just take that "attempted delivery" card and some ID...
    lol.. they must wait till they hear water running!...
    I signed the card.. so they will leave it at my house tomorrow.
    I know.. that was really quick!!.. I wasnt expecting it till like tuesday.. or wednesday!
    it got here quick!

Glad to see everything is working out!

How do or would I know if my clutch is loose on my C230K?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by benzonline
    Glad to see everything is working out!

How do or would I know if my clutch is loose on my C230K?
    wondering the same thing, but i'd think that if he knew, he wouldn't have let it get to this point! probably just something you can't tell until it's too late.