Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: supercharger toasted!!!

If your clutch was on the way out there should be some indications...be it smell,sound and in slammedC case...sight
    i think he indicated if you notice anything odd about the SC sound or engagment have it check immediatly!(as i only had one SC cover)lol
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

hey Ross,didnt see you on the forums this avo....guess that means your installing!!...notice the huge box they made me use lol it was the smallest they had that would fit!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    hey Ross,didnt see you on the forums this avo....guess that means your installing!!...notice the huge box they made me use lol it was the smallest they had that would fit!
    Hey Paul.. I got it!!!.. I will post pics up shortly of the new cover!.. thanks again man.. I owe ya one.
    yeh it is a huge box for such a small part!!
    as long as it got to me undamaged!!.. it was well packed too!!
    no.. Im not isnatlling yet.. I will be installing wednesday morning.. have to go into work and put the supercharger and clutch together.. then come back home and put my supercharger back into my car!.. hopefully things will go smoothly.

as for signs of a faulty clutch.. the 2 easiest ways to figure something is wrong is by smell and sound..
    at one point I could smell my clutch.. well my coil frying. it literally melted as you could see form the pics I posted earlier. another way is my hearing.. if the clutch engages differently at all.. or in my case intermittantly would not engage.. and could audibly hear it trying to engage.. making many attempts as I was running under N/A.. until the clutch did finally click in and boost started to build!
    you will know something is wrong.. I just didnt think things would be this wrong!!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

OG Moderator
    -This is my new front SC cover.. thanks to Paul (23K):

-Comparison of old (really damaged SC cover) to new SC cover.. this is what it should look like!!:

-New belt:

-New SC oil ($62 a bottle.. yes for this small bottle!):

-Here is a comparison od the old SC oil and the new SC oil..(old on right) colour difference is crazy!!.. the new stuff doesnt smell as bad either!:

-All the new parts:
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

NICE!...good to see it got there in good condition!....
    hmmm i can see why it was a good idea to change that oil!!...mine was pretty dark also but i didnt realise how much difference there was compared to new!...
    awsome stuff man post pics when its all in!!
    and thanks again for making it waaay to worthwhile ...lol

Paul

wondering if someone have ever changed the SC oil

As I know there is not any sort of regular maintenance on SC, at least as Dealer say!

Nice that Slammed C car is repaired!

Paul how is your toe?

Marco

Ya is this another one of their "lifetime" oils?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

may be, same as per new car (I refer to Volkswagen, Ford, Opel,...) manual gearbox oil or coolant fluid! filled for the whole life of the car

OG Moderator
    Car is back together and running great!! seems to be faster then before.. maybe my clutch was slipping before?.. seems to have more pick up and go now.
    thank you again to Paul.. youre a life saver buddy.
    yeh I was pretty suprised on how dark the oil is compared to the new stuff!.. but at $62 a bottle for 4 oz's!!.. kinda pricey! the good thing is that the supercharger holds a bit less then 4 oz's.. so the full bottle is more then enough.
    I was under the impression that the SC was maintenence free myself.. but maybe the oil should be replaced once and a while! there is a fill plug on the supercharger front cover itself.. but draining it would require removing the supercharger.. or if you had a topsider.. maybe that would work.
    but Id say its well worth the effort to remove the SC and remove the front cover.. clean and reseal the cover.. and then put new oil in.
    anyway... here are the last of the pics I took the other day.. finished everything by 2pm.. took me about 3 hours from start to finish.. from putting together the SC and to put it back in my car.. longest part was shimming the friction plate.. spec is .25mm - .40mm, I set mine to .27mm gap between the friction plate and clutch. quick engagement of the SC clutch.. very nice!!
    heres the pics...

-Empty Engine bay!:

-Shredded belt:

-SC front covers:

-Cover removed from SC:

-Reasealing front cover:

-Coil installed:

-Clutch installed:

-Friction plate installed:

-Back in car!:

Awsome to hear its all back in and work'n!!!
    i wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt more power due to new oil,bearing,belts etc...
    damn the belt has seen its day for sure!!!
    thanks again Ross...it was great being able to help out from the other side of the world lol!...I can say the extra cash will definatly be going on the car!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Awsome to hear its all back in and work'n!!!
    i wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt more power due to new oil,bearing,belts etc...
    damn the belt has seen its day for sure!!!
    thanks again Ross...it was great being able to help out from the other side of the world lol!...I can say the extra cash will definatly be going on the car!!!
    She hauls ass now!!.. only due to new parts galore!..
    oh no kidding!.. the belt was just messed!
    Thank you Paul.. its nice to know there are still people out there that will help someone out.. even if we have never met!
    your welcome man.. I know you will put the money to good use!

Wow good job!!

Finish it off now with a nice engine bath!
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor