Thread: Bigger bump stops?

Bigger bump stops?

I was wondering if there was a way we could run a centimeter or two thicker bump stop to further shorten the stroke of the shock absorber. Just looking for a solution to bottoming against the wheel well on extreme dips during hard turns. Speedy? Anyone?

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

as far as I know, no. the shock shaft wont extend fully through the perch, and you wont be able to tighten the shock.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

Originally posted by jnenad16
    as far as I know, no. the shock shaft wont extend fully through the perch, and you wont be able to tighten the shock.

nenad
    the bump stop is on the shock shaft and doesnt have any influence on the bolt design on the top of the shock

i cant see why you cant buy another bump stop and cut it to the length you require and put it on the shock shaft aswell as the original on each side.
    but my advice would be to just do some panel beating or cutting of the liner of the rear guard, or run a spacer
    -Logan-

Originally posted by c280nz
    the bump stop is on the shock shaft and doesnt have any influence on the bolt design on the top of the shock

i cant see why you cant buy another bump stop and cut it to the length you require and put it on the shock shaft aswell as the original on each side.
    but my advice would be to just do some panel beating or cutting of the liner of the rear guard, or run a spacer
    come to think of it a bit better,you are right, I forgot there is a machined groove and a washer that limit the shaft from extending too far, so this allows for extra room. my bad on previous post, I was too tired.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG