Thread: Question about 19" on stock suspension

Question about 19's on stock suspension

I have a '00 c280 sport that has stock suspension. I am wanting to go with the 19" staggered brabus replica wheels. I am wanting to know wheel I have rubbing if I keep it stock or is it going to need to be lowered just to look good? Will ride quality also suffer going up to that size? Also how much could I possible get for my stock 16" sport wheels with brand new Yokohoma AVSES100 tires?
    \'00 C280 Sport
    -Avantgarde Grill
    -Flat MB Hood Emblem
    -Crytsal Clear Corners
    -Tinted Windows
    -Debadged

ride quality is going to considerbly suffer going to a 19 inch wheel, the rubber is so thin you feel every lilttle bump and divot in the road.
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

what about just going with 18's. Will I for sure need to lower it then instead of the 19's. These 16's are killing me.
    \'00 C280 Sport
    -Avantgarde Grill
    -Flat MB Hood Emblem
    -Crytsal Clear Corners
    -Tinted Windows
    -Debadged

i would recommend 18's even though the 19's would look much better...even with the 18's the ride quality will suffer, and the acceleration will suffer....and yes in my opinion you would still need to lower your car....
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

acually 18s ride isnt all that bad, its still pretty comfy
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

OG Moderator
    The ride quality will suffer so much with 19's.. you will feel every divot in the road.. going over a match stick will feel like a huge cliff!!.. and you wont have any rubbing issues on stock suspension.. but it will look like an off road vehicle, so you will definetly need to lower it.
    in my opinion.. it will not look good at stock ride height and huge 19" wheels.

Heres a look at what it will look like......
    STOCK RIDE HEIGHT AND 19's:

LOWERED WITH 19's:

if you are concerned about ride quality.. then dont go for 19's.. go with an 18" wheel.. but I lov ethe look of the 19's on a W202.. I could care less about ride quality anyway!!.. my car drives nice.. but hard with my suspension and wheels. I love it though.
    not sure what you gould get for your stock 16's.. maybe $700-1000?
    I bought a set of 16" C280 sport rims with tires for $450.. so you may not get that much for your stock 16's.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    $700-1000?
    highly doubt it
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

rollinrealbig
    if your concerned about ride quality put the stock spring under your seat LMAO

It all depends on how good the roads are where you drive most. On my 18s where I live my ride quality is pretty much the same as with stock, maybe even a little smoother. Granted pretty much every road here has been repaved in the last 5 years.
    1998 Mercedes-Benz C230
    .:Calypso Green Metallic
    .:HP Evo 18s on Pirelli P-Zero 235/40/18 front & 255/35/18 rear
    .:Avantgarde Grill
    .:Titanium Tint 16% all around/ Quantum Tint Full Front window 35%
    .:Lowered with H&R Springs & Bilstein Sport Shocks

Alright so I am leaning towards the 18's so if I get the staggered 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 than what is the best tire size that will fit.
    \'00 C280 Sport
    -Avantgarde Grill
    -Flat MB Hood Emblem
    -Crytsal Clear Corners
    -Tinted Windows
    -Debadged

I would stick with 225 up front to avoid any rubbing issues and probably 255 in back. You could do 235 up front, but again there is the possibility that when you do a full turn it might rub.
    1998 Mercedes-Benz C230
    .:Calypso Green Metallic
    .:HP Evo 18s on Pirelli P-Zero 235/40/18 front & 255/35/18 rear
    .:Avantgarde Grill
    .:Titanium Tint 16% all around/ Quantum Tint Full Front window 35%
    .:Lowered with H&R Springs & Bilstein Sport Shocks

there are countless threads on this site about making wheels fit, and rolling fenders i suggest you search and find them....just a lil info before you buy your wheels

wheels

I would definetely go with 19"s man..... dont worry about the ride.... unless the roads you drive on SUCK.... 18's just arent enough..... the 19's fill out the wheel well much better... but you will need to lower it an inch at least. If you get 18's , every time you look at your car you will regret it ... just step up and get the 19's !!!!!!

This is my car and its not lowered yet

I'm leaning towards these 18's does anybody have any experience with the company or the wheels before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-ST...QQcmdZViewItem
    \'00 C280 Sport
    -Avantgarde Grill
    -Flat MB Hood Emblem
    -Crytsal Clear Corners
    -Tinted Windows
    -Debadged

Wouldnt get those wheels... their really deep which results in Bowed out spokes.... Real Brabus wheels arent bowed out like that.... Doesnt look great.... real brabus wheels have about a 1.5 inch lip in the front and a 2.5 to 3 inch lip in the rear.

I'de get these