Thread: E500 springs

lewda

E500 springs

ok, ive searched around, and i dont think this topic has come up, im about to purchase a C230K 1999, b.c my 190 got totalled, and i was going to use H&R E500 springs on the 190, and slightly cut, for a more aggressive drop then the 190 H&R's gave me, now...i looked at the suspension on the one im gonna buy, it looks similiar, so...does anyone know if those springs i was going to use on the 190, can be used on the C230? thanks:bandit:

whats the point? Just get the correct lowering springs and change the spring pads, if thats not enough then cut them. Loweringsprings really arnt that much to begin with, why go with the hassle?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

lewda
    we;ll under my impression, cutting the lowering springs that are for the car, will def change the spring rate, and possibly could make the ride too bouncy, going for a spring designed for a car being much heavier, and cutting a coil off it, should maybe compensate for the amount cut off being on a lighter car, just curious is all, since i have all the stuff, which was meant for my other car, till it got totalled

sounds like a cool idea, and a stiff ass ride. haha. keep us informed how it works
    Benzes have style,
    Benzes have class,
    As soon as i get mine everyone will be kissing my ass,
    all of you are assholes making fun of my signature. now \"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!\" ,scarface.

lewda
    oh, hmm haha, then i guess they will at least fit then? hmm...the E500 springs at least, you think then i could just get some E500 rears? if not, i will just get some springs right out meant for the 202, at least for the rear...i dunno, i was just curious before i start selling all these 201 parts from my trashed one...

Originally posted by lewda
    oh, hmm haha, then i guess they will at least fit then? hmm...the E500 springs at least, you think then i could just get some E500 rears? if not, i will just get some springs right out meant for the 202, at least for the rear...i dunno, i was just curious before i start selling all these 201 parts from my trashed one...
    i dont know if they fit, i dont think they would, they might
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

lewda
    i think the best way for me to go about doing this whole thing to see if it works is to buy a spring set for the 202, put them on, and see at the same time if the E500's will fit, and if they do, then slam the front to a reasonable height, haha, if not, i'll still be square with the whole package that i bought, so its a win win situation